Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brian Williams RIP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topeuph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brian Williams RIP
    Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:00am
News came this morning of the death of Former Neath and Wales prop Brian Williams who died suddenly. This is shocking news and puts the game into perspective somewhat. I'm sure we all remember those classic Scarlet v Neath matches of the late 80's and early 90's where Brian was would be a constant thorn in our side. My sympathies go to his family.

Edited by topeuph
West is Best But Burry is Better
Sponsored Links

ragydybyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragydybyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:13am

Whatever anyone thinks of the Neath side of that era this man was a huge character and a wonderfully committed and passionate player who never gave less than 100%.

Thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad news.

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:21am
real shock, great player, very sad news

had a massive heart attack 10pm last nite - only 46

my sympathies to the family

Edited by TonduTurk
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:57am
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 10:09am
very sad news indeed. i am sure all our thoughts are with his family.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 11:48am
sad sad news he was on the ferry last year to ireland when we went racing in wexford very very nice bloke plenty of time to talk to us no airs or graces,thoughts go out to his wife and family.
mc scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 11:52am
used to love that side very sad. him and that hooker were like 2 peas in a pod
Are you the real radio renegade!?
Full back View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 1:24pm
Absolutely every bit of condolence. Shocking news and such a loss at that age. My thoughts go to the Williams family. Pob bendith.
Buy your Ospreys jerseys from the official retailer - at Butes 'r' Us!
y ddraig bwyd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y ddraig bwyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 6:06pm
Never liked the Neath side but always respected the commitment shown by especially Brian, Kevin and John. Very sad news which puts everything into perspective.
y ddraig bwyd
GA PLUM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA PLUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 6:28pm
Awful news. My sympathies go to his family.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 7:01pm

Yes, I agree. This is absolutely terrible news and very sad indeed.

Condolances to his family, friends and many, many fans.

brynturk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brynturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 8:50pm

Tragic, great player.

If my memory serves my correct then he must go down in modern history as one of the lightest most powerful props in world rugby. 12st at International Rugby powering through 17/18st men?

Well it was back in 1884.... when we wore the colours for sure !! From Fiji to the Wallabies they all know where we're at........... The 72' All Blacks, they'll tell you that!!
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 9:20pm
Excellent player. Condolences to his family
Through Thick And Thin!
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 12:05pm
VERY dissappointed with the small piece in the eastern snail

link

but the post has done a great article , including a story about brian wrestling a bull to the floor

".......Brian Williams, who has passed away suddenly, could never resist a challenge, even when it involved wrestling a bull in the south of France.The episode happened on a Neath rugby tour.

''We were in Beziers and a few of us went out to a farm where some farmers goaded us to tangle with their young bulls,'' remembers Lyn Jones, now Ospreys coach, who was a former team-mate of Williams. ''A few of us considered it, but backed off pretty sharpish.

''Brian was different. He took the challenge personally and was determined to have a go. A few minutes later the bull was wrestled to the floor, job done.''

link

LEGEND

Edited by TonduTurk
coach driver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 2:59pm
I PLAYED AGAINST HIM FOR FELINFOEL IN THE SWALEC CUP ALTHOUGH A PYSICAL AND HARD MAN HE WAS NEVER DIRTY PLAYER GENT ON AND OFF THE FEILD SYMPATHY TO THE WILLIAMS FAMILY 
Coach Driver
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 8:33pm

One of my heroes was old bri'. He was the last of the old school, who scornned at gyms seeing a hard days work as the best way to get fit! Hell of a player and a real hard man. He was one of the players you will always think of when you think back to the great neath team of the 90's. He will be missed. My thoughts go to his family and Neath RFC! Rest in peace Bri'

Go ahead..........Take those banana's
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic