Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bucket List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 8:33pm
Borth...windy and wild and unspoilt.....Smile
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Sponsored Links

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Would like to visit San Francisco, New Orleans and New York City in the US plus everyone raves about New Zealand. Few places in the UK as well, never been to Stonehenge, for example.

Just from reading this thread I've now found out about this <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253; line-height: 1.4;">Harbin Ice City place - very interesting.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253; line-height: 1.4;">Oh yes, and the Northern Lights in Iceland maybe?</span>

the Harbin Ice City is amazing apparently.... would love to go there and see it.

Interesting mix of Chinese and Russian culture, apparently, and those ice sculptures look amazing.

Oh, that reminds me: Moscow and St Petersburg. Unless playing Metro 2033 counts?

I actually spent my honeymoon in Moscow and, as it was then, Leningrad in 1991. The coup against Gorbachev happened two days after we left. A student hinted to us it was going to happen.

BrummieScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrummieScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 9:44pm
I'll be clearing off a few of mine on my 20 day trip to the States in October,
Among others -
Crazy Horse Monument,South Dakota,
Mount Rushmore,
Devil‘s Tower, Wyoming,
Big Horn Mountains,
Yellowstone Park,
Idaho Falls (Little Niagara Falls),
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming,
Lake Tahoe,
Washington D.C.

20th year of going & seeing all that AND 3 Chicago Bears games!
Loving it   
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 10:30pm
got to be a cruise down the nile. starting at the pyramids and travelling down to aswan dam to see abu simbel. 2 weeks of sheer bliss. not going to tell the wife when im going. i want to enjoy!!!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I actually spent my honeymoon in Moscow and, as it was then, Leningrad in 1991. The coup against Gorbachev happened two days after we left. A student hinted to us it was going to happen.

Were they nice? 
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 9:40am
Apart from the ice caps, South America's the only continent I've not been to. So a visit to Patagonia would be nice, to brush up on my pigeon Welsh.

That's top of a long, long list.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:08pm
I thought bucket lists involved things you'd like to do as well? I'd like a ride in a helicopter and to do a parachute jump.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

the new levi's stadium in Santa Clara to watch the 49ers
pyramids
machu picchu
Anghor Wat
Harbin Ice City - China.

just a few places I want to go to...

On my list too, would love to go there! Thumbs Up

Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I thought bucket lists involved things you'd like to do as well? I'd like a ride in a helicopter and to do a parachute jump.

I recommend both. Great fun.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Apart from the ice caps, South America's the only continent I've not been to. So a visit to Patagonia would be nice, to brush up on my pigeon Welsh.

That's top of a long, long list.
Been to Sao Paulo in Brazil, I'd recommend it Thumbs Up 
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic