Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can we still qualify?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Our away form is nonexistent, let's hope tonight Brad turns it around.
Yes, non-existent. Except for our last away match, which I believe we won. 

Form didn't win it for us, we were quite poor.
Sponsored Links

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:17pm

This has got depressing loss written all over it.

Our away form is nonexistent, let's hope tonight Brad turns it around. But I fear a heavy loss.

A heavy loss. Um, ok.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:34pm

This has got depressing loss written all over it.

Our away form is nonexistent, let's hope tonight Brad turns it around. But I fear a heavy loss.
Depends on how much last week took out of us.
Highburyscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highburyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:47pm
Well its time things change. Be loud and passionate. Mission Impossible? No way, our destiny is in our own hands. We need to help to pull this out of the fire.
once more into the breach
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:50pm
Obviously, we need to take any chances if and when they arise, but we don't need to play kamikaze rugby from the off. Sure, if we need one more try and there's 5 minutes left, run it from anywhere, behind our own line even, but doing this from the kick off, when they are expecting us to spread it wide and go for risky off=-loads is asking for interceptions and totally counter-productive.
miaow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:52pm
The team's form has been all over the place this year so I'm hopeful of the 5 point TBP win but also think winkler's not wrong, we could definitely lose today, with all the options in between being likely as well. I know that doesn't really say very much but given how we've struggled against teams for at least a few years when it comes to getting 4 try bonuses when we really need them, and the fact we're a bit lacking in the kind of dynamic power that can create a try from nothing, it's not ridiculous to think we're going to lose this one, away from home.
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Obviously, we need to take any chances if and when they arise, but we don't need to play kamikaze rugby from the off. Sure, if we need one more try and there's 5 minutes left, run it from anywhere, behind our own line even, but doing this from the kick off, when they are expecting us to spread it wide and go for risky off=-loads is asking for interceptions and totally counter-productive.

I think we should be encouraging them to engage in an open running entertaining game. I don't mind conceding a few tries so long as we create and score more. The more open the game the greater our chances.
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 5:56pm
I think LI are going to think we will play riskier, more expansive rugby as they know we need the tries. So if we start off with some really direct rugby, we might have some great success before then opening up a bit.
miaow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I think we should be encouraging them to engage in an open running entertaining game. I don't mind conceding a few tries so long as we create and score more. The more open the game the greater our chances.

The problem with this is...when was the last time that happened and we won? For every Ospreys win, there's been plenty like the Blues games last season, or against Ulster, where we might try and play fast and loose and end up 3 scores down with no sign of being able to score tries, and have effectively lost the game by half time.

The way we play shows Mooar values territorial control but with an offloading game at the right time, and some clever set piece attacking moves that link the offloading and support lines. But if we don't get over the gainline then we look pretty limited at the moment, and resort to just trucking it up and then hoping for the best, struggling to score points.

It's about balance. If LI are all over the place then playing it wide will make sense, but if not, we could just be shooting ourselves in the foot.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2020 at 8:36am
Cheer up lads Wink
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic