Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Wyatt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris Wyatt
    Posted: 06 November 2006 at 2:21pm
Was I the only one who watched his anonymous contribution to the Munster cause and secretly wished that he would retire asap? Nothing worse than a once great player not knowing when to call it a day.
In Pivac we trust
Sponsored Links

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 2:37pm
to be honest I thought the majority of players were out of sorts last night.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

scarletsim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 2:48pm
Sadly Chris never realised his potential - I realise I may well be slated by many on this board as he is looked upon with much fondness. However, I am probably his biggest critic. He should have been a permanent fixture for Wales - sadly, he didn't apply himself
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by scarletsim scarletsim wrote:

Sadly Chris never realised his potential - I realise I may well be slated by many on this board as he is looked upon with much fondness. However, I am probably his biggest critic. He should have been a permanent fixture for Wales - sadly, he didn't apply himself

Absolutely right. And coming from a lower base of fitness than most other players, his decline to anonimity is all the quicker. 

coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:20pm
Spoke to Chris after the game, and he was bitterly dissapointed by his performance. Maybe a case of trying too hard in front of the "home" crowd?
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 6:25pm
i know he is a proffessional sportsman, but it must have been really difficult for chris last night after spending so long in stradey as a player.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

ceribethlem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceribethlem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 8:15pm

Originally posted by scarletsim scarletsim wrote:

I agree, with the talent he had he could have been a Lions tourist twice, he was topo lazy and spent too much time arsing about with idiots like Leigh Davies and Hywel Jenkins. A great pity as he such tremendous natural ability

Dinefwr am Byth
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 8:53pm
C'mon now, A great servant to the club over the last decade IMO and to start picking holes in him now, let's give this Truely great servant of LLanelli r.f.c and the Scarlets the plaudits he deserves. Well done Chris, must have really been Strange lining up against your best mates on Sunday night. A true Legend of Stradey who'll never be forgotten. Good luck for the remainder of your career.
scarletsim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 9:10pm

Originally posted by laura laura wrote:

C'mon now, A great servant to the club over the last decade IMO and to start picking holes in him now, let's give this Truely great servant of LLanelli r.f.c and the Scarlets the plaudits he deserves. Well done Chris, must have really been Strange lining up against your best mates on Sunday night. A true Legend of Stradey who'll never be forgotten. Good luck for the remainder of your career.

No-one is denying that laura. I was merely pointing out that Chris never realised his potential - and it's as simple as that really. Great player, but could, and should have gone on to bigger and better things

multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 10:13pm

It was blatantly clear that Wyatt had no passion, or drive to play for Munster las night. The guy breathed the Scarlets, and facing the fact that he is never going to get a look in on the Munster 1st 15, why would he bother to put in a storming performance?

The guy is a star, and I bet even his home crowd don't welcome him onto the park like we did last night!!! A shame that he left before PD was taken on as coach as I feel he would have been in our HC team this year.

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 3:16am

One of our fans shouted out "fit as ever, Chris!" when he was struggling for breath at one of the line-outs...

Shame about his performance. It would have been nice if he could have shown us that we were wrong to get rid of him, sadly though, he justified his exit from Stradey...

Turk1shdelight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turk1shdelight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 8:52am

Lets not forget that GJ messed Chris about last year.  He had very little game time at all.  Chris has scarlet blood in his veins and his manner on Sunday suggested his heart reallly was not in it playing against the club he loved.

If at first you don't succeed destroy all the evidence that shows you tried!!
Fozzie View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Gas-mask optional.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 9:11am
Phil Davies did try to sign him for Leeds last year so if he hadn't already signed for Munster when PD took over, I'm sure he would have stayed on and been in our HC squad.
f'dang b'dang boy
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 9:33am
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

It was blatantly clear that Wyatt had no passion, or drive to play for Munster las night. The guy breathed the Scarlets, and facing the fact that he is never going to get a look in on the Munster 1st 15, why would he bother to put in a storming performance?

The guy is a star, and I bet even his home crowd don't welcome him onto the park like we did last night!!! A shame that he left before PD was taken on as coach as I feel he would have been in our HC team this year.

Maybe that's what made the difference to his performance. Seeing the fans and hearing the cheers took the heart out of his game. You never know!

Through Thick And Thin!
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 11:50am
I agree with tell sally, the cheers he had when he came out on the pitch must have put him off his game and he didnt want to spoil the scarlets recent good form
DgembaDgemba View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2006 at 12:04pm

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

I agree with tell sally, the cheers he had when he came out on the pitch must have put him off his game and he didnt want to spoil the scarlets recent good form

exactly he even gifted us the bonus point

The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits...

Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic