Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

COD MW3 - Monthly Subscription!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COD MW3 - Monthly Subscription!
    Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:15pm
Scarlets!!!
Sponsored Links

JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:21pm
Nuts... Well I'm out, no way you can justify spending £50-£60 on a game and £9.99 a month on subscription.

..big mistake.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:37pm
Not for me. There's expensive and there is taking the urine.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 3:45pm

It is all speculation at the moment, I have been digging around, and it isn't 100% clear what this Elite package/subscription will contain. Shocked

Either way, if it does contain the DLC map packs, then I'm out too! Shocked

I'm more than happy buying the game if I'm able to play for free online, that is what my Xbox Live subscription is for, but if Activision put the DLCs in this Elite subscription pack that is being talked about, then I won't be signing up.

I will continue to simply play online with whatever maps are included on the main disc, and that is it! Shocked

Every forum you come across appears to be up in arms about the very idea, so I think Activision would be extremely stupid to follow this route. Confused

More to follow... 
Scarlets!!!
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:41pm

Just as well I've got Battlefield 3 on pre-order.

I've got nothing against monthly subscriptions in principle, the kids already pay out about £9 a month for World of Warcraft. But COD is far more limited than WoW and I already pay Mr Gates £30 odd quid a year for Live
PENCOED SCARLET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PENCOED SCARLET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:02pm

tweet from Robert Bowling @fourzerotwo on twitter, he is the Creative Stratergist @Infinityward on MW3 .

"COD ELITE is free, for all players, some paid aspects TBD. Absolutely NO fee to play#MW3 multiplayer. Detailed reveal coming tomorrow AM".

This was tweeted today, so if you want more info it should be tweeted tomorrow.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:06am
Cool that is good to know! certainly clears up a lot of rubbish that is currently flying around the web about this! ShockedBig smile

More info here on his twitter page:

Thumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Just as well I've got Battlefield 3 on pre-order.

I've got nothing against monthly subscriptions in principle, the kids already pay out about £9 a month for World of Warcraft. But COD is far more limited than WoW and I already pay Mr Gates £30 odd quid a year for Live
Great to see you on the Xbox chap Thumbs Up we'll have to get some games going for sure! Thumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Great to see you on the Xbox chap Thumbs Up we'll have to get some games going for sure! Thumbs Up

Only if you let me win!

I tend to play Domination.... I get a bit lost if I cant see a flag Big smile

My aim in life is to get myself one of those golden guns before MW3 comes out. Been at it months and only on 6th prestige 
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Only if you let me win!

I tend to play Domination.... I get a bit lost if I cant see a flag Big smile

My aim in life is to get myself one of those golden guns before MW3 comes out. Been at it months and only on 6th prestige 
Fair play, I'm on level 47, I havent even prestiged yet.

You guys want to get yourselves a PS3. Embarrassed
PENCOED SCARLET View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PENCOED SCARLET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 5:42pm
Prestige 1, level 18 . Gamer tag   PENCOED SCARLET         on XBOX
lemonhead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemonhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:28pm
prestiged once i need to sort this out and get more gaming time in, starting tonight Smile
scarlets!scarlets!scarlets!
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:11pm
Have to ask...i have a xbox old version and im thinking of doing more on line gaming, so im thinking of getting the wife either the xbox 360 or ps3 for her birthday. i need to get the best not to ruin her celebrations
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:23pm

X Bot everytime Michael for serious gaming folk.... You'd be banned from the Pink if you admitted to having a Play-Doh 3.

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:35pm
BELIEVE IVE TRIED , BUT ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BANNED FROM THE PINK.....Last week we had a part there and 80% were wearing tags round their ankles...seriously
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:41pm
I know... I had many a happy night in the Pink in my younger days. Trust me though... mention the Play-Doh 3 and you'll be in the canal. Its too pink for the Pink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic