Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coetzee and Piutau out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coetzee and Piutau out
    Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:07pm
Excuse the spelling boys,but both Ulster star players,out of Fridays game against us ..
Sponsored Links

alec_d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alec_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:09pm
Also none of their lions players as well,still a very tough game,but good chance for the win
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Excuse the spelling boys,but both Ulster star players,out of Fridays game against us ..
Sorted!

So no Coetzee, Piutau, Best, Henderson and Payne.

Every little helps, but I still expect a tough encounter.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 2:24pm
Thats a great boost for us. Take those 5 starters out along with Pienaar, Olding & their No 10 whose name I can never remember & the odds definitely swing a little in our favour. Even their 1st choice front 5 are no match for ours so we can take charge there. Their backs are dangerous even without Payne & Piutau but we have the edge at half back. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:06pm
Craig Gilroy, Ross Kane and Schalk van der Merwe also not available, as are Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding for obvious reasons.
ON SALE NOW

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:07pm
How's Leali'ifano going for Ulster at fly half?
ON SALE NOW

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:13pm
This is great news for us for sure! I was pretty sure that we could beat them regardless, given how we've been playing since the end of last season. ClapClapClapStarStarStar
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
Pilgrim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:23pm

Ah, your spelling is fine.

Your grammar though ....

Tongue
Pilgrim View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pilgrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

This is great news for us for sure! I was pretty sure that we could beat them regardless, given how we've been playing since the end of last season. ClapClapClapStarStarStar

You might be right. Don't think we're getting our B&I Lions players back either.

Could be a hammering Ouch
alec_d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alec_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:30pm
It's definitely a bonus for us,but let's not get too carried away,Ulster is still one of the hardest places to get a win regardless who they have out etc,we also rarely play well there for some reason?!!
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:40pm
Wind, rain and a baying home crowd don't usually help the situation. (Not to mention interfering Irish TMOs!)
Keep the faith
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Wind, rain and a baying home crowd don't usually help the situation. (Not to mention interfering Irish TMOs!)

Indeed - it won't be easy to win out there, but the unavailability of several Ulster stars definitely improves our chances.

It seems, too, that Foxy and Ken are training and in contention for the Scarlets...
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
TheKing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Sorted!

Its got to be expected that wed beat a side depleated like that with our current side, form and momentum
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 4:20pm

Sorted!

Are the three Lions you mentioned injured or just rested?  (The IRFU tends to be even more zealous than the WRU in interfering with player selection).
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by TheKing TheKing wrote:

Sorted!

Its got to be expected that wed beat a side depleated like that with our current side, form and momentum

Indeed indeed...however this Friday has "Banana Skin" written all over it (metaphorically speaking) if we ain't careful.

They will think they are going into the match (funnily enough) as underdogs and would just love to wipe the smug smiles of our faces after our matches against Leinster, Munster and Connacht at the end of last Season.

I think it's time we made a serious statement and just kept going and became ruthless. With the missing players that Ulster will have we should get a serious result but....beware a cornered animal as they say and Ulster will really want to put one over us.....

Also bear in mind one of their Coaching Staff knows us really well......really well and will also know the Scarlets mindset.

Quite frankly I'd take a one point win but obviously hope for more. If we can beat them and prevent them getting a home losing bonus point then job well done.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 4:30pm
I thought Coney at scrum half played well against the Cheetahs.  Good box kicking and game management.  Coetzee had a stormer and will be sorely missed.  Ulster  run varied and imaginitive back line moves, must not be taken lightly.
Joshua24:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic