Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Unprecedented times. People off on furlough with no work but money to burn in the pocket and colleges/ unis not requiring attendance. Sadly I think that some will definitely wish that they had kept the money under the bed once the post furlough world of job losses hits. The conduct of some of these largely young people has been shocking nonetheless from not socially distancing and just dumping litter where they boozed up. 

The litter situation is a personal bugbear of mine. I taught my young girls to always take their rubbish home with them from a day out at the beach so surprise surprise they still do it in their 30's. Who do these morons think is going to clear up after them?

It angers but also saddens me as society has also failed them in terms of family life guidance and schools in terms of ecological education to respect our increasingly dirty planet. No values
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 2:52pm
Fourth day in a row no covid deaths in Scotland now.

Leicester to have lockdown extended two weeks due to spike in cases.

Wales to create extended households from Monday but travel still staying local.

US reporting over 40k new cases a day but, as we know, testing is causing these large numbers. Simple solution: don't test anyone, then there's no cases. Problem solved.
"We're thrown to the wolves in the minds of our enemies." - unknown philosopher.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

US reporting over 40k new cases a day but, as we know, testing is causing these large numbers. Simple solution: don't test anyone, then there's no cases. Problem solved.

I'd like to know how many of these us new cases were people who took part in mass demonstrations or large scale public gatherings

If they did and they now have the virus, it's hard to have any sympathy for them to tbh

Scotland and Ireland seem to be ahead of England and wales on this and have managed it better

I wonder if well see local lockdowns in wales, do local councils even have that power?

Edited by RR1972 - 29 June 2020 at 3:02pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 3:04pm

Unprecedented times. People off on furlough with no work but money to burn in the pocket and colleges/ unis not requiring attendance. Sadly I think that some will definitely wish that they had kept the money under the bed once the post furlough world of job losses hits. The conduct of some of these largely young people has been shocking nonetheless from not socially distancing and just dumping litter where they boozed up. 

The litter situation is a personal bugbear of mine. I taught my young girls to always take their rubbish home with them from a day out at the beach so surprise surprise they still do it in their 30's. Who do these morons think is going to clear up after them?

It angers but also saddens me as society has also failed them in terms of family life guidance and schools in terms of ecological education to respect our increasingly dirty planet. No values

Not sure you can blame society if grown adults are too lazy / selfish to put empy drink bottles/cans into a bin or even a black bag

It's a disgrace, people doing that should be arrested and fined for littering

As for pubs selling takeaway beers, no issue with that but make them ensure there are enough bins so that people can put their litter in and make them hire portaloos as part of granting them the licence to do so

Edited by RR1972 - 29 June 2020 at 3:07pm
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Not sure you can blame society if grown adults are too lazy / selfish to put empy drink bottles/cans into a bin or even a black bag

It's a disgrace, people doing that should be arrested and fined for littering

As for pubs selling takeaway beers, no issue with that but make them ensure there are enough bins so that people can put their litter in and make them hire portaloos as part of granting them the licence to do so

totally agree with that RR but wouldn't portaloos be even more open to covid?
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 5:10pm
I expect Boris' plan to combat Covid in Leicester would be to confiscate all cricket balls in the East Midlands.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 6:12pm
deaths have stagnated for 5 days in a row , worrying
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 6:17pm
The spikes in the US are nearly all in States that opened up early, and in particular opened up bars and clubs with little or no restrictions.

That's nothing but rubbish governance, mixed in with decent dollop of stupid people.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 6:21pm

I'd like to know how many of these us new cases were people who took part in mass demonstrations or large scale public gatherings

If they did and they now have the virus, it's hard to have any sympathy for them to tbh

Scotland and Ireland seem to be ahead of England and wales on this and have managed it better

I wonder if well see local lockdowns in wales, do local councils even have that power?

I'd suggest Scotland, Wales and NI are way ahead of England. Reasons unknown.

Wales's June average fatalities per day is 4.4 ( 2.9 in the last 7 days).

England's is over 100.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 6:23pm

Tanzania did exactly this 2 months ago.

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

The spikes in the US are nearly all in States that opened up early, and in particular opened up bars and clubs with little or no restrictions.

That's nothing but rubbish governance, mixed in with decent dollop of stupid people.

And that’s exactly what we will be seeing in England in the coming weeks, Boris’s latest easing of the lockdown in England is a disaster waiting to happen, and most of the scientists involved are worried about it too.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 8:47pm

England's is over 100.

Based on population size Wales and England's fatality levels are very similar.
Keep the faith
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

England's is over 100.

Based on population size Wales and England's fatality levels are very similar.
As far as I can tell from figures I've managed to dig up this last hour, England's death rate is something like 700 deaths per million whereas Wales' death rate is something like 500 deaths per million.  Which, if I'm right, makes England's death rate per million something like 40% higher than Wales'.

Edit - that's total deaths.  Whats important now is the daily count which shows which country's lockdown measures are most effective.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 29 June 2020 at 9:58pm
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 10:04pm
wales has by far highest infection rate but england by far the highest death rate. Thats assuming all the figures in all 4 home nations are based on the exact same criteria
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

wales has by far highest infection rate but england by far the highest death rate. Thats assuming all the figures in all 4 home nations are based on the exact same criteria
As mentioned on the previous page roy, you can't really compare countries in terms of the number of infections. Look at it like this - Wales population roughly 3m and England population roughly 60m. But the number of infections that testing uncovers each day depends on the numbers of tests being carried out. So if your dividing the number of new infections uncovered by a relatively small number of tests in each country, then it doesn't make sense to compare in terms of national population - the population you compare with needs to be the number of tests carried out.

How many tests carried out in Wales, how many in England?

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 29 June 2020 at 10:34pm
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2020 at 11:21pm
I said it at the start instead of the money going on tests why not put it towards ppe? We can’t do anything to cure and don’t know how long the antibodies stay in our system and if it’s the right covid strain. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120>
  Share Topic