Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 305>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Yes read that too.

The UK is way ahead of the rest of Europe on testing mind.

Must be some good stuff you're smoking. Is that why you came back to west Wales?
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 6:05pm
cant believe this story, after 5 months, the UK govt has cancelled producing a daily death total as it feels the figures are over inflated by including people diagnosed months before passing away
after 5 months? 
But the excess deaths are higher in england than anywhere else in europe, so Im afraid those chilling facts pain a grim picture then cant try to repaint

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

cant believe this story, after 5 months, the UK govt has cancelled producing a daily death total as it feels the figures are over inflated by including people diagnosed months before passing away
after 5 months? 
But the excess deaths are higher in england than anywhere else in europe, so Im afraid those chilling facts pain a grim picture then cant try to repaint

It's their job to spin facts, deflect blame and come up with distractions  rather than actually deal with problems facing this country. That is what keeps them in power. Sad but true. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

after 5 months? 

It's their job to spin facts, deflect blame and come up with distractions  rather than actually deal with problems facing this country. That is what keeps them in power. Sad but true. 

And Bojo is now spending time and money recruiting a press spokesperson a la US !

It's going down well over there, you only have to think of the hapless Sean Spicer and the current incumbent . This is just a clever ploy for Boris and his Cabinet ministers to avoid facing awkward questions from the press. Press can't ask questions in the HoP. On top of the cost of the recruitment process, the spokesperson will allegedly be paid a salary of £100k per annum.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 7:51pm

Yes read that too.

Must be some good stuff you're smoking. Is that why you came back to west Wales?

I don’t do dat no more.

Am I not right in that comment?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 8:20pm

Yes read that too.

I don’t do dat no more.

It’s either tongue in cheek sarcasm or you’ve been a victim of spin.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 8:21pm
If the figures on testing are true then UK is in the top 10 testing nations in the world and of the biggest nations it may be top. 
Then again a mate of mine involved in running security at various big hospitals and testing sites
reckons 1 test has been counting as 2 in effect for months. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 8:23pm

If the figures on testing are true then UK is in the top 10 testing nations in the world and of the biggest nations it may be top. 
Then again a mate of mine involved in running security at various big hospitals and testing sites
reckons 1 test has been counting as 2 in effect for months. 
This govt are experts at testing.

Except their focus is on the patience of its electorate.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 8:50pm
These local outbreaks seem ideal for mobile testing centres where they can get tested immediately locally or even testers going door to door. But yet again, the timescale to get the result still seems crucial , 48 to 72 hours is a long time and how can we be sure those awaiting their results do isolate whilst waiting these 2 to 3 days?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Yes read that too.

I don’t do dat no more.

I'm sure we're doing ok but I doubt are ahead of France and especially Germany. Happy to be corrected if wrong.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Yes read that too.

I don’t do dat no more.

I'm sure we're doing ok but I doubt are ahead of France and especially Germany. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

Our testing numbers are way bigger than germany spain france italy, all of europe and nearly every big nation on the planet...weve fdone over 15 million tests thats 231,000 per million people
france is only 45,000 germany 95000
BUT this is maninly because 5 times as many people died in Uk than germany and  60% more than france.
Thats IF all figures are all correct and all measured on all the same basis etc

its all on here updated worldwide every few minutes

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 9:18pm
We have been pants at a lot of stuff but testing isn’t one of them I don’t think.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1028731/covid19-tests-select-countries-worldwide/

Edited by Wil Chips - 30 July 2020 at 9:19pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 10:16pm
Fair enough then, my mistake and I stand corrected. Just habit (or my prejudice) in assuming we're underperforming but good to hear we've done something well!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2020 at 11:26pm
The Uk is known for a slow start out of the blocks but usually finishes stronger, a bit like the scarlets at stradey lol
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 9:03am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

after 5 months? 

And Bojo is now spending time and money recruiting a press spokesperson a la US !

It's going down well over there, you only have to think of the hapless Sean Spicer and the current incumbent . This is just a clever ploy for Boris and his Cabinet ministers to avoid facing awkward questions from the press. Press can't ask questions in the HoP. On top of the cost of the recruitment process, the spokesperson will allegedly be paid a salary of £100k per annum.

It's strange isn't it? It can be seen as hiding or simply a better way to co-ordinate release of information to the press. It can also be viewed as further centralisation of power to no. 10 with another unelected official in a position of power. 

I think it's pretty clear Johnson is just a frontman with few opinions in terms of his own policies apart from being in photos and shouting stupid slogans. Cummings seems to have one policy which is to shake up our political system, to what ends and what extent I'm unsure, but it feels as though this move is within that strategy. I've noticed the effect of PMQs is being diminished: Johnson is flat out lying in them with no repercussion and barely any public interest so I also wonder if there is some aim of totally undermining our existing political system and replacing it with what he [Cummings] thinks is better.

This Russia report as well... it would have destroyed a Labour government. It feels as though we've basically just accepted our democracy is broken and the report stated explicitly that our Government did exactly that. Again, another part of the plan to undermine our current system to then replace it with something Cummings/Gove and their incredibly rich backers want? 

PS I'd give the job to that Mooch guy - he was a laugh! 

Edited by dr_martinov - 31 July 2020 at 9:10am
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 9:13am

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

after 5 months? 

It's strange isn't it? It can be seen as hiding or simply a better way to co-ordinate release of information to the press. It can also be viewed as further centralisation of power to no. 10 with another unelected official in a position of power. 

I think it's pretty clear Johnson is just a frontman with few opinions in terms of his own policies apart from being in photos and shouting stupid slogans. Cummings seems to have one policy which is to shake up our political system, to what ends and what extent I'm unsure, but it feels as though this move is within that strategy. I've noticed the effect of PMQs is being diminished: Johnson is flat out lying in them with no repercussion and barely any public interest so I also wonder if there is some aim of totally undermining our existing political system and replacing it with what he [Cummings] thinks is better.

This Russia report as well... it would have destroyed a Labour government. It feels as though we've basically just accepted our democracy is broken and the report stated explicitly that our Government did exactly that. Again, another part of the plan to undermine our current system to then replace it with something Cummings/Gove and their incredibly rich backers want? 

PS I'd give the job to that Mooch guy - he was a laugh! 

Didn't Corbyn receive a report from the Russians?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131132133134135 305>
  Share Topic