Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 163>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2020 at 11:34am
where I am the three main A7E hospitals COVID wards are still pret ymuch mothballed and thats Essex and Cambridgeshire I have to go to all of them at some point with work and speak to the staff who are very calm about it all (they certainly exude a confidence that wasn't there at the height of March/April. Mid October will be the big test when the fall out from this weeks figures should start to show. Hopefully as mentioned the new coping mechanisms and treatments will help keep the figures down.
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 2:50pm
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 2:51pm

Following a sharp increase in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the Llanelli area, new restrictions have been introduced to reduce the spread of the virus and protect public health for people living in the area.

The restrictions come into force at 6pm on Saturday September 26 2020 and will be kept under review.

The main restrictions are:

• people will not be allowed to enter or leave the defined area of Llanelli without a reasonable excuse
  • people will no longer be able to form, or be in, an extended household (sometimes called a โ€œbubbleโ€)
  • this means meeting indoors with anyone who is not part of your household (people you live with) is not allowed at the moment, unless you have a good reason, such as providing care to a vulnerable person
  • all licensed premises must stop serving alcohol and will have to close at 10.20pm
  • people must work from home wherever possible

The following FAQs should answer any queries that you may have about the new local restrictions. Get in touch via the "Ask a question" tab if there is anything you need additional information about. 

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 2:52pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 2:55pm
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 3:32pm
You can't form a bubble with another household but you can go to a pub, have a meal and drink up by 10.20pm and arrange to meet with a couple from another household or loads of strangers as long as you take precautions.๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Keep the faith
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 4:09pm
are pubs closing in llanelli from tomorrow?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

You can't form a bubble with another household but you can go to a pub, have a meal and drink up by 10.20pm and arrange to meet with a couple from another household or loads of strangers as long as you take precautions.๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

At least they have rules in those places and they can be monitored. Dopey people obviously donโ€™t adhere to them at home. I donโ€™t see why people donโ€™t understand this. 
Hendre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 6:20pm
Council Leader Emlyn Dole has stated that the outbreak in Llanelli is due to 2 or 3 licensed premises not households mixing. 
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 7:07pm
So The Bont is in Lockdown from Sunday.  Can't cross the bridge into Hendy and vice versa.  Would have prevented a lot of fist fights if they had that rule in place during the 70s. Smile
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

So The Bont is in Lockdown from Sunday.  Can't cross the bridge into Hendy and vice versa.  Would have prevented a lot of fist fights if they had that rule in place during the 70s. Smile
But you can go and shop in Tesco in Bont if you live in Hendy, according to someone from CCC.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

But you can go and shop in Tesco in Bont if you live in Hendy, according to someone from CCC.
That's interesting.  I know it's closer than Trostre but sort of against the principle of the lockdown in my humble opinion.  A good opportunity for the Spa in Hendy to make a killing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 7:33pm

That's interesting.  I know it's closer than Trostre but sort of against the principle of the lockdown in my humble opinion.  A good opportunity for the Spa in Hendy to make a killing.
My in-laws live in Hendy, they contacted CCC to see if it was still OK, their reason was that Tesco in Bont is closer to do essential shopping than Tesco or any other supermarket in Llanelli.

I agree with you though, it doesn't really make sense as it's crossing a border into another locked down area. Ermm
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 8:18pm

My in-laws live in Hendy, they contacted CCC to see if it was still OK, their reason was that Tesco in Bont is closer to do essential shopping than Tesco or any other supermarket in Llanelli.

I agree with you though, it doesn't really make sense as it's crossing a border into another locked down area. Ermm
Thinking about it a bit more; with Llanelli going into lockdown, they won't be able to go to Trostre in any case. Smile
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2020 at 9:00pm

Thinking about it a bit more; with Llanelli going into lockdown, they won't be able to go to Trostre in any case. Smile
Well, apparently they are as Hendy still comes under Llanelli - so in effect they're just travelling within the lockdown area. As long as it's essential travel.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2020 at 3:26pm
85 infections in a week in Llanelli , time to really get serious and be more cautious. Though it seems the spread is down to a small minority of careless  drinkers
Meanwhile crazy marches and protests are allowed to continue , thousands in London today to protest lockdown...What a bunch of clowns. This should be outlawed until further notice 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 148149150151152 163>
  Share Topic