Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 949596
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 24 minutes ago at 1:12pm
You seem concerned with the danger posed by protests, yet I haven’t seen you make any mention of the dangers of the recently packed beaches (unless I’ve missed something) As for Mr Floyd, to make an issue of his previous convictions is a little disingenuous in the context surrounding his unlawful death.
You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.
Zig Ziglar
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 14 minutes ago at 1:22pm
Of course we should ban packed beaches you seem to think they pose a health threat but a mass protests with thousands of people in a confined space doesn't? . When did i excuse the police actions ? Or excuse theilr illegal killing of him I clearly stated my disgust at the police actions a fact you seem to have chosen to ignore ?You seem offended by me  factually listing mr floyd previous convictions out of curio can I ask you  why that is? 

Edited by RR1972 - 17 hours 30 minutes ago at 2:06pm
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 hours 51 minutes ago at 1:45pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I can see both sides of this the black community imo are treated unfairly in the usa and the police officers acted in a disgusting manner

They should be arrested tried and convicted like any other criminal and the black community has every right to protest about their actions both in the usa and in the uk

However the common sense thing is not to have a mass protest under the current circumstances especially as BAME people seem to be especially vulnerable to this disease.

If these protests lead to  an increase in  illness from this virus or god forbid deaths then  the people who have arranged the protest and those who have encouraged people to take part  really need to take a good hard look in the mirror

Maybe some sort of  socially distance protest from a doorstep where people "take a knee" at a set time similar to the  clap for carers 

As for George Floyd (and this in no way excuses the police officers actions) but   he is being hailed as some kind of saint , but let's not forget he had convictions for violent offences, drug offences and committed an  armed robbery on a woman for which he was jailed

The media in large have refused to report this and I do wonder why where there is so much coverage on this when similar atrocities are being carried out globally every day

Theres also been insurgencies and abuses on both sides.
Amongst the over 10,000 arrrests, riots and fights and massive social distancing law breaking
Cops have been seen blatantly abusing their power battering innocent protesters, even damaging property themselves and blaming it on protestoers
On the other side in 1 city alone on wednesday 55 shops were destrpyed by looters and a 77 year old black ex police man was shot dead whilst protecting one of these shops, some of this is filmed and shown on twitter and facebook. The BBC ignored that story and no one has mentioned whether anyone has been arrested for this murder.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Jones2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 25 minutes ago at 4:11pm
Over the last few days I’ve noticed that the Covid deaths in Wales seems to have continued to decrease while the deaths in England seems to have flatlined. This is of course the result of the first round of lockdown easing and not the ones that happened last week. Today we only had 1% of the UK deaths. This to me seems a vindication of the Welsh Government’s decision to move away from the UK government’s strategy and a clear sign that people have in the majority stuck to the Welsh Government’s rules here.
My main worry now is when we loosen the lockdown more substantially in the coming weeks I’m afraid that this will bring more cases across the border and result in a second wave of the virus here. It will also be difficult for the test and trace system if someone test positive in England but had been to Wales in the previous week or so for both systems to work side by side, and I hope that they’ll be planning for that eventuality as soon as possible.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 15 minutes ago at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Hendre Hendre wrote:

You seem concerned with the danger posed by protests, yet I haven’t seen you make any mention of the dangers of the recently packed beaches (unless I’ve missed something) As for Mr Floyd, to make an issue of his previous convictions is a little disingenuous in the context surrounding his unlawful death.

The man held a gun to a black pregnant ladies stomach to demand money , yes the police who killed him deserve punishment , but the man was no Saint
If it bleeds we can can kill it
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 57 minutes ago at 6:39pm
I have no time for anything that turns violent but racism exists,a black guy was on tv the other morning who was either a doctor or a nurse in a London hospital he has been stopped by police on the way to work 4 times yet not one of his white colleagues had been stopped once.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 60 minutes ago at 7:36pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I have no time for anything that turns violent but racism exists,a black guy was on tv the other morning who was either a doctor or a nurse in a London hospital he has been stopped by police on the way to work 4 times yet not one of his white colleagues had been stopped once.

Racism is disgusting and from all that I have seen and heard , this murder was pure racism. 
In some cases though its not as black and white as the bbc portray, pun not intended, for example the stop and search stopped in london because people felt it targeted black people more than white people. 
Sadly after stopping it, knife crime went through the roof.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 49 minutes ago at 7:47pm
Deaths still appallingly high at 357 people passed away in 24 hours, down only 17 deaths since last friday. Tragic. still the 3rd highest in the world the past 24 hours.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 47 minutes ago at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Hendre Hendre wrote:

I dont see why we need to trade one against the other. All are wrong, mass gatherings that break social distancing, will spread the disease and many people will die as a result.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 24 minutes ago at 8:12pm
Looks like there’s been some issues regarding racism at grass roots level over the last couple of days. Am sure it’ll be online soon. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 949596
  Share Topic