Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 137>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 9:14am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Yes read that too.

The UK is way ahead of the rest of Europe on testing mind.

Must be some good stuff you're smoking. Is that why you came back to west Wales?

I don’t do dat no more.

Am I not right in that comment?
It’s either tongue in cheek sarcasm or you’ve been a victim of spin.

I'm sure we're doing ok but I doubt are ahead of France and especially Germany. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

It's not like the French or German governments lie
If it bleeds we can can kill it
Sponsored Links

Turkpower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 9:22am
Boris admitted he was overweight when he got the virus. Having 2 faces doesn't help.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 9:27am
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Didn't Corbyn receive a report from the Russians?

Not sure what you mean but Corbyn isn't our prime minister and never has been in Government. That's the irony for me: that people are happy to allege Labour and their left wing are in the Russians' pockets when actually you can prove that the conservative party have received millions in donations from Russians (one of whom is now a British citizen, but still a wife of a former Russian politician), including influential paper editors, and a report into Russian interference revealed that our Government knew it could be occurring but actively did nothing to investigate it.

In the conspiracy theory bracket the PM's special adviser also spent 3 years in Russia and no-one quite is sure what he was doing.

Turn it around and if Corbyn was in charge, how would that have been perceived? Not that that's the point: the point is the above things are true for our current Government. 
End the lies.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:20am

Fair enough then, my mistake and I stand corrected. Just habit (or my prejudice) in assuming we're underperforming but good to hear we've done something well!

I wonder that with this level of testing database we are at least able to shine a light quicker/better on potential spikes?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:24am

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Didn't Corbyn receive a report from the Russians?

Not sure what you mean but Corbyn isn't our prime minister and never has been in Government. That's the irony for me: that people are happy to allege Labour and their left wing are in the Russians' pockets when actually you can prove that the conservative party have received millions in donations from Russians (one of whom is now a British citizen, but still a wife of a former Russian politician), including influential paper editors, and a report into Russian interference revealed that our Government knew it could be occurring but actively did nothing to investigate it.

In the conspiracy theory bracket the PM's special adviser also spent 3 years in Russia and no-one quite is sure what he was doing.

Turn it around and if Corbyn was in charge, how would that have been perceived? Not that that's the point: the point is the above things are true for our current Government. 

Corybn is perceived as being close to Russia as he is left wing in fact far left, which we tend to associate with the old Russian communist ideals

however once the soviet union broke up it's probably even more materialistic  and capitalist than us with billionaires having massive wealth and the rank and file having very little,

I have no idea of what the % of wealth to population is in Russia but I'd the elite own a massive share of it and the poor next to nothing, which would go against everything corbyn (like him or not) believes in . For example even the poorer people in the uk would generally be far better off than their Russian counterparts and have a far better lifestyle .

I would be very surprised if corbyn got on well with putin who is his polar opposite in terms of wealth distribution, immigration and views on the military

Without going over old ground corbyn was useless and people simply didn't like him and wouldn't vote for him

Boris is usless but people do like him and will vote for him

You can debate the rights and wrongs of that all day long but they are the facts and that had far more bearing on the election than any interference from Russia tbh

Edited by RR1972 - 31 July 2020 at 11:34am
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:36am

Fair enough then, my mistake and I stand corrected. Just habit (or my prejudice) in assuming we're underperforming but good to hear we've done something well!

I wonder that with this level of testing database we are at least able to shine a light quicker/better on potential spikes?

right so local lockdowns in some areas , you can't go into some one elses house yes?

But you can go into the pub?

you can go into the mosque for eid prayers?

How is that logical?

Am I missing something? but surely your going to be mixing with more people in those indoor areas ?

Edited by RR1972 - 31 July 2020 at 11:37am
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 11:53am

The ‘world class’ track and trace system?

My daughter has been working for it for 2 weeks in Crawley. The system isn’t ready so they basically log on and the. Log off again at end of shift, she hasnt had a single case yet. Her housemate is the same.
Cynic that I am, I’m wondering who is getting a cut of the agency staffing bill
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Without going over old ground corbyn was useless and people simply didn't like him and wouldn't vote for him

Boris is usless but people do like him and will vote for him

You can debate the rights and wrongs of that all day long but they are the facts and that had far more bearing on the election than any interference from Russia tbh

Yup, I agree: everyone knows Johnson is a useless, lazy liar but as you've said before enough people like him and disliked the alternative. It's pointless going on about Corbyn and I was never convinced he was PM material either; the only reason I brought it up was just to highlight double-standards of the Conservatives and how they manipulate public opinion. Plus I still have deep suspicions about their motivations and intentions, which is relevant to this thread in terms of selling off the NHS, outsourcing services and so on which isn't to the nation's benefit but to their backers'. In saying that, this is an enormously complicated situation changing sometimes by the day, we've also just left the EU, and there's no simple answers. It's a tough job and unfortunately we, through the media, end up punishing politicians for honesty so no surprise we've ended up at this point with a basket full of slippery responsibility-dodgers. Something tabloids understand is people often just want catchy headlines, funny photos and gossip without all the boring details on serious, complicated situations and politics has gone this way really, a person like Johnson becoming PM being case in point. The real power seems to be behind the scenes, maybe as it's always been.
End the lies.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 1:14pm

right so local lockdowns in some areas , you can't go into some one elses house yes?

How is that logical?

Am I missing something? but surely your going to be mixing with more people in those indoor areas ?

It was a question not a comment I could substantiate.
I see some of the above has just been tightened up in England today though.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 2:43pm
so were the russian better or worse off under a communist regime than the free market/dictatorship model now? My guess is they are on average a lot better off now.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 3:58pm

How is that logical?

It was a question not a comment I could substantiate.
I see some of the above has just been tightened up in England today though.

yeah this thing looks it will keep rearing its ugly head, big worry is when winter hits

My brother is down in Weston super mare as we speak he says it's so lax down there it's crazy only place with any order there is the pub!
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

so were the russian better or worse off under a communist regime than the free market/dictatorship model now? My guess is they are on average a lot better off now.

well the elite at the top are far better off ;)

your probably right about ivan blogs in the street, I dare say communism has some  benefits     (no doubt fidel will be along soon to tell us about them)  but for me capitalism seems to work better
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 4:19pm

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

well the elite at the top are far better off ;)

your probably right about ivan blogs in the street, I dare say communism has some  benefits     (no doubt fidel will be along soon to tell us about them)  but for me capitalism seems to work better
communism doesn't work
If it bleeds we can can kill it
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2020 at 5:14pm
880 infections today the average is about 760 a day and rising
Deaths are at 442 over 7 days thats 63 lives lost a day

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2020 at 4:53pm
I'm looking for countries that as yet have not had to reimpose some fairly rigorous restrictions, at least by state / country /city. There aren't many, and getting less each day.

I can't see the UK escaping a 2nd peak in the 1st wave I'm afraid. I know that's gloomy, but I just can't see it.

Highest cases in UK since 26 June today (928).

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2020 at 8:38am

Coronavirus: UK made serious mistake over border policy, say MPs

NSS.
End the lies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 137>
  Share Topic