Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crowd for Edinburgh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crowd for Edinburgh
    Posted: 19 March 2017 at 6:11pm
Another classic piece of scheduling, Ireland v Wales football are playing at the same time as we play Edinburgh. Not an issue for me I might add, but sadly I believe it will be for others. In view of this I cant see a big walk up for this one.

So a big rallying call for all Scarlets fans, make every effort to get to this one if you can. Just 5 games left of the regular season every game is now critical to our play off chances. Massive game.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sponsored Links

mad scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:03am
Have there been just 2 Saturday games at pys this season ? I'm seriously beginning to think that it's not just down to the TV and it's the scarlets themselves who actually prefer not to push for Saturday ko because the pys staff prefer to have Saturdays off
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 1:58pm
I'm sure we must check, but we do seem to get shafted. On the Saturday we were in Dublin the day before the O's had an away game which because it was on a Friday meant they got 6 released. Surely we would have known the Wales v Ireland game was on a Friday and therefore it was unlikely we would get any players released if we played on the Saturday, I wonder if we contested this fixture allocation pre season?

Now we're on Friday and it clashes with a big football international which is on TV. Again, did we spot this and contest it?

I hope there were instances where we contested proposed scheduled dates and had a result. I'd like to hear of some. One for the management next Crys 16 meeting I think.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 2:46pm
Lets hope for a decent vocal crowd,Scrum V pathetic again no mention of forthcoming Pro 12 games,and then when programme finishes a plug for Ireland v Wales live Radio Wales coverage on Friday night ..Shocking !!!!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:51pm
About the only thing the media promote is Judgement Day. Bollox story last week about mergers ran and ran, and when Gareth Davies said he had no plans to reduce from 4 it was tucked away in the Wales Online article with little fan fare.

Simon Thomas does defend the Pro game but as for the rest, click bait trash writers.

Yeah Mark, big game that we have to get up for. Its been ages since the last game, no time for being rusty and building into the game, we've got to be up for it from the first whistle players and fans.
Sandman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:58pm
Just another example to illustrate how much of a poor relation the Pro12 is to both the Aviva Premiership and the French top 14.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic