Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crys 16 Statement (Wednesday)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

It took the Dragons Academy more than a decade to develop its first Gwent product into a senior international. The numbers of players being capped from there over the last two generations is pitiful, and age grade representation is a notoriously unreliable indicator. Find it amazing that this pathway/academy would be some sacred cow to be preserved at any cost.

I've always thought that there has been a bias in the age grade teams towards the East. We have consistently had the most successful teams I believe but it has not been recognised in the number of players given age grade honours.
Sponsored Links

henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

It took the Dragons Academy more than a decade to develop its first Gwent product into a senior international. The numbers of players being capped from there over the last two generations is pitiful, and age grade representation is a notoriously unreliable indicator. Find it amazing that this pathway/academy would be some sacred cow to be preserved at any cost.

I've always thought that there has been a bias in the age grade teams towards the East. We have consistently had the most successful teams I believe but it has not been recognised in the number of players given age grade honours.

Yes, I couldn't think why they'd been manipulating this. Coaches and all players from Bedwas/Gwent area every year but its pretty clear now
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 2:55pm
Well the Scarlets have 5 forwards on starting duty for the under 20's tonight including the whole back row. Well done bois bach. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2019 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well the Scarlets have 5 forwards on starting duty for the under 20's tonight including the whole back row. Well done bois bach. 

And it's not televised -just because it's International Womens' Day. What's a misogynist like me to do? It's enough to drive you to cricket.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2019 at 10:50am
Did anybody go to the "Meet the Ref" last night? Any interesting points brought up?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic