Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CRYS16 meet the coaches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRYS16 meet the coaches
    Posted: 08 September 2015 at 11:15am
This will be on Monday 14th Sept, 6:45pm in the Phil Bennett lounge.
Everyone is welcome, event is free for CRYS16 members.
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 12:23pm
Very many 'performance based' concerns voiced quite loudly on here by many during the summer. Well for those who want answers to their concerns, tomorrow night is their opportunity, its open mic night.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 1:50pm
Top of the league despite those who have been "underwhelmed " with  selection. LOL Brilliant coaching display tbh. Even with 3 yellows and having 14 men on for 30 minutes we never looked like losing. Shame we now have the game gap now.
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 2:57pm
If someone could ask if the coaches the following, that would be nice:

We seem to have a lack of genuine tight ball carriers and gainline forwards. Are they confident that playing with light locks and converted flankers will be enough throughout the winter months where there is more pressure on the set piece and close carrying game and certainly against the big packs in the RCC? Do they think we'll be able to play a set piece to set piece game as well as the open style we're using at the moment.

I would do it myself, but I am not in the UK.
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by InTheBath InTheBath wrote:

If someone could ask if the coaches the following, that would be nice:

We seem to have a lack of genuine tight ball carriers and gainline forwards. Are they confident that playing with light locks and converted flankers will be enough throughout the winter months where there is more pressure on the set piece and close carrying game and certainly against the big packs in the RCC? Do they think we'll be able to play a set piece to set piece game as well as the open style we're using at the moment.

I would do it myself, but I am not in the UK.

No problem.

I'm confident, as well, that others will ask the same.
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 10:48pm
Enjoyable evening as always, thanks Crys, the Coaches and John Daniels. Good turnout as well. Thumbs Up
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 11:11pm
Good to hear it went well.

Any snippets of info would be much appreciated!?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Good to hear it went well.

Any snippets of info would be much appreciated!?
Looks likely there will be a lock coming in. Pivac says he has the means to bring one in and when I asked if we would be bringing in any players after the ITM or Currie Cups he replied "I'm not going to say no".

Edited by scarletnut - 14 September 2015 at 11:15pm
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 11:22pm
Most importantly I am now an expert in the rules of scrummaging in the 1950 and 1960's!!Wacko
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2015 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Most importantly I am now an expert in the rules of scrummaging in the 1950 and 1960's!!Wacko
I really don't understand why we don't use our tighthead to hook the ball mun
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2015 at 2:13am
Scarlet Fever will collectively fall at the feet of any new second row.

dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2015 at 8:30am
Thanks nut here's hoping we get someone in and more importantly they are actually decent.

A Parkes style signing in the row would be most welcome with a key requirement that he needs to be able to carry ball.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2015 at 8:42am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I really don't understand why we don't use our tighthead to hook the ball mun
 LOL classic stuff!
Mullsuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mullsuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2015 at 12:32pm
Any indication if they were looking at any players playing in the World Cup as well as looking at Currie Cup/ITM players?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2015 at 12:47pm
The squad is settled and now looking at next seasons recruitment targets -which is really good stuff. They know that losing Richard Kelly has left a gap and the position is being monitored. There is scope to do something if needed so another lock forward may be possible but I didnt see it as a certainty. Remember how tight cash is in the club.I guess further injuries or long term niggles may prompt action.
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2015 at 10:49am

I wasn't there, but did "he" also ask if we could have a flowerbed on the roundabout again ?
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic