Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CVC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CVC
    Posted: 18 April 2019 at 8:20pm
From the Times:
"Plan for Premiership and Pro14 clubs to compete in grand final after CVC deal

The sale of the major competitions in world rugby to CVC Capital Partners is set to complete its second phase in the next few weeks with the Guinness Pro14 near to settlement of a deal. It will sell just under a third of its commercial shareholding to the private equity firm for about £120 million.

The Pro14 deal will follow the sale of 27 per cent of the Gallagher Premiership, last December, for about £220 million. CVC is also in negotiations to land potentially its biggest asset, which would be a shareholding in the Six Nations.

The deal with the Pro14 has reached exclusivity stage. The Pro14, which is the league structure of the professional clubs of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Italy plus two from South Africa, has ceased any negotiations with rival firms. The price, structure and the terms of conditions of the sale have all already been agreed with CVC.

Once CVC has the Pro14 under its wing, alongside the Premiership, it will look to see if the opportunity exists to stage an annual grand final between the champions of the two competitions. This has already been discussed with both the Premiership and its Celtic cousins.

Other possibilities that are being considered include the combining of the two leagues at the end-of-season play-off stages whereby the knockout rounds would see a competition where the top four of each league are pitted against each other."

Edited by Wasp - 18 April 2019 at 8:21pm
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 8:34pm
Interesting. Hopefully the new investment will improve both the on field and off field side of the PRO14.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 9:18pm
The first step to a true British/Irish league, with a few addons (possibly)

I'd say two leagues with promotion and relegation.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

This was my thoughts
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 10:22pm
If CVC get hold of the 6N, then I can see the IRB's 'World League' coming off.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Interesting. Hopefully the new investment will improve both the on field and off field side of the PRO14.

With a bigger pool available, you would certainly hope that we will get to a situation where TMO's will be neutral, and that TV producers will be compelled to make ALL angles available to the TMO and ref, unlike what happens at times presently. I had our game at Treviso in mind. 

On that score Premier Sport should be told to get their act in order. Apparently last season BBC used 17 cameras per match. Currently, Premier only use 8.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

With a bigger pool available, you would certainly hope that we will get to a situation where TMO's will be neutral, and that TV producers will be compelled to make ALL angles available to the TMO and ref, unlike what happens at times presently. I had our game at Treviso in mind. 

On that score Premier Sport should be told to get their act in order. Apparently last season BBC used 17 cameras per match. Currently, Premier only use 8.

17 cameras per game???
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 11:01pm
That’s how the can outbid terrestrial channels. Offer more lucrative deals but then make some of the shortfall back by cutting the size of the broadcast team (camera operators etc). Plus they charge us for the privilege of watching their broadcast.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 11:21pm

I'll take 8 HD cameras over an infinite amount of the cameras used in the SD BBC2 feed we've had to suffer over the years.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2019 at 11:38pm
No way are 17 cameras used in a league game sorry.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 7:20am
Haha there aren’t 17 cameras used in an average premier league game
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 7:28am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

[QUOTE=ap sior][QUOTE=Sandman] Apparently last season BBC used 17 cameras per match. Currently, Premier only use 8.

Only reason things like this could occur is if the production co are trialing their staff and equipment for a major sporting event, like 6N or Euro final etc.

Not for Dragons v Zebre on a Friday night
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 8:19am
Maybe CVC can put the hard word on Premier Sports to make sure their channels broadcast clear images even when it’s raining.

The HD picture breaks up all too regularly and it’s the only one on my Sky choice that does this.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 9:07am
british/irish/iti/sa league yes please
similar to set up now so we keep derbies

That would be bigger than the european cup imo

scarlets fixture list may be something like

-Harlequins
- Cardiff Blues
- Ulster
- Gloucester
- Treviso
- Ospreys
-Leicester
- southern kings
- Bath
- Munster
-Northampton
- Dragons
- Wasps
- Leinster
-Saracens

Damn season tickets would sell like welsh water in the sahara desert
Thumbs Up

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 10:23am

If CVC get hold of the 6N, then I can see the IRB's 'World League' coming off.
They're the opposition to the World League, so I thought
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

This was my thoughts
Please let this happen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic