Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dark Anniversery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I think anyone with an ounce of sense can agree on just one thing - the political leaders in most major countries are a bunch of cynical bastards, who are mainly in it for themselves!

The USA - Trump - say no more. Attempted to leave the UK and Ireland out of his travel ban, to protect his  golf courses!
Russia - Putin is looking to make himself de facto Tsar until 2036.
UK - Boris - totally out of his depth - can't take a decision that doesn't involve his next bed-mate... and even then...

I daresay there are some exceptions - just not in those countries we usually comment on...

Putin is streets ahead of the other 2 imo . he is not good for the world as a whole to say the least  but he is a strong leader and he seems to be doing a good job for Russia

I would back him to be the last man standing of those 3.

I think the Canadian and nz leaders appear to the "good guys/girls" but not sure how will they face up to the likes of erdogan putin and Ali Khamenei when push comes to shove
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2020 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I think anyone with an ounce of sense can agree on just one thing - the political leaders in most major countries are a bunch of cynical bastards, who are mainly in it for themselves!

The USA - Trump - say no more. Attempted to leave the UK and Ireland out of his travel ban, to protect his  golf courses!
Russia - Putin is looking to make himself de facto Tsar until 2036.
UK - Boris - totally out of his depth - can't take a decision that doesn't involve his next bed-mate... and even then...

I daresay there are some exceptions - just not in those countries we usually comment on...

Putin is streets ahead of the other 2 imo . he is not good for the world as a whole to say the least  but he is a strong leader and he seems to be doing a good job for Russia

I would back him to be the last man standing of those 3.

I think the Canadian and nz leaders appear to the "good guys/girls" but not sure how will they face up to the likes of erdogan putin and Ali Khamenei when push comes to shove

Putin is without a doubt the cleverest politician of the three - anyone who opposes him is either locked up, or 'eliminated'... he also has a long memory (see Litvinenko and Skripal). He's a total bastard, but simply locks up his political opponents, and gets away with it. Meanwhile, internationally, he annexes the Crimea in the knowledge that no-one is strong enough to stop him doing it - as well as destabilising the Ukraine with a border war. 

He backs Assad in Syria, because it's politically convenient to have an ally in the region. A brilliant example of 'realpolitik'. He runs rings around Trump and Johnson.

I would question whether he is doing 'a good job for Russia', though - externally, maybe - but many Russians have been left impoverished by the fall of the USSR, and many state-owned industries have been taken over by the kleptocracy, allowed to do so by Putin.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2020 at 6:48pm
Aber-fan you seem to have absorbed almost all the billionaire media attempts to vilify Putin and Russia. Did you know that Crimea was a part of Russia for hundreds of years until general secretary Kruschev (an Ukrainian) decided in 1954 to transfer it to the Ukraine. Then, as Ukraine and Russia were both republics in the Soviet Union, it didn't much matter to the vast majority of Crimeans, who were ethnic Russians. However after the break up of the Soviet Union, and a US backed right wing coup overthrew the elected government of Ukraine, both Russia and in the ethnic Russians living in the Ukraine became very anxious, in particular after Ukrainian neo-Nazis had burned alive 39 pro-Russian supporters that they had surrounded in a trade-union building in Odessa.
There was a long standing Russian naval base in Crimea's Sevastapol and the "annexation" was completed in a bloodless takeover confirmed, in a later referendum with over 90% voting to re-join Russia. The same sentiments existed in the Donbas regions but a war of secession is still raging there. If there was any large scale interference by the Russian armed forces I doubt if civilians would still be being bombarded by the Ukrainians (although even the Russians admit that there are some Russian volunteers fighting alongside the secessionists)
Aber-fan, if I had more time I would explain, in detail, why the UK govt's version of the Skripal affair is a load of nonsense-maybe some other time. But if you believe as you say that Putin is fiendishly clever, then ask yourself would he have sent two drunken, pot smoking hit-men carrying two vials of the deadliest nerve agent known to man, via regular air routes to kill an agent he had already released in a swap, and with Russia hosting the world cup later on in the year?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2020 at 1:04am
Depends if the russian military did it or if they “subbed” it out to the russian mafia who are literally as cackhanded as you make out. My personal guess is no way the russians are sending in active military operatives into the uk  in case the got caught and for  fear of a diplomatic crisis so they have ended up with two tooled up morons carrying out a botched  Freelance hit hence the mess. If the spetsnaz had done it they’d be in and out before we knew it.  But that’s just an educated guess so don’t take that as gospel

Edited by RR1972 - 21 March 2020 at 1:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic