Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do the WRU need a new CEO?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do the WRU need a new CEO?
    Posted: 10 January 2021 at 3:25pm
Whatever you think of David Moffett he’s not scared to give his opinion.

Pretty scathing assessment of the WRU here

I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:25am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Whatever you think of David Moffett he’s not scared to give his opinion.

Pretty scathing assessment of the WRU here

An assessment I agree with totally. I do not know very much about Browne other than he appears to be able to fund Irish rugby through from International to regions far more successfully than than the WRU with a stadium which is 67% of the capacity of the Principality on a personal salary ( pre Covid) of around 55% of the WRU CEO. Now those stats do not tell the whole story but they do tell me one thing - the WRU have not got it right and Moffett is spot on. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:26am
I’ll second/third those thoughts.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:27am
Quite simply the WRU, with it's infrastructure as it is, is not fit to govern. It's not getting any closer to that goal either.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:52am
Four regions with the expertise and commitment that the Scarlets have would do a far better job for Welsh rugby without the need for the WRU which is a very expensive, current non entity. What about grass roots rugby I hear the cry. Well we would have to empower the regions to become totally regional and responsible for rugby development totally within their regions. A pipe dream - of course - but we going nowhere fast with the current set up. Regions develop the talent through which the WRU earn the revenue, take a large slice for administering it and pass it back to the regions.

Why couldn't 4 regions set up a national board to administer everything currently done the WRU? Welsh rugby should be owned by the regions. The circumstances surrounding the NatWest loan says everything we need to know about how removed the WRU are from reality. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic