Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dom to Bath (Now official)!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dom to Bath (Now official)!
    Posted: 29 January 2012 at 12:40pm
Heard from someone close to him that they are very keen on him. Has spoken to McGeechan apparently.

Personally I'd like to keep him, unless there is something really surprising going to happen

Edited by redeyes - 22 February 2012 at 6:52pm
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

wetweatherwinger View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 12:53pm
Came second best in scrap with thae little scrum half yesterday. Will need to get his dukes up next time.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 12:54pm
unless we have got a top quality international second row secured then in my opinion we must keep hold of Dom, he playing well this season
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

unless we have got a top quality international second row secured then in my opinion we must keep hold of Dom, he playing well this season

Agreed. He may about to step up after years of investment in him.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:27pm
This is old news it was in last weeks rugby paper. Apparently the Scarlets have offered Dom a reduced contract but they are looking to recruit in the second row.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:30pm
Even if we do bring in another second row from the outside we will still need to replace Day and it will cost a lot more to get the equivalent quality another club. We only survived  last night because Adam Powell managed to last 80 minutes. When Irish scored their try there were members of our pack looking very tired and who can blame them as they were used to playing at Premiership level. We had run  out of fit second rows to replace them.
New_scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New_scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:35pm
Why would Dom want to go to Bath? What a step backwards that would be,
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by New_scarlet New_scarlet wrote:

Ye but their on the up they have a world class coach and an owner with bags of money. I know that doesn't always work but I would expect to see them at leat challenging for Aviva Premiership honours within the next 2 years.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:43pm
We have an equally good coaching team, better if you've seen Bath in some recent games,and have gone just as far with local talent and a lot less money.
New_scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New_scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Ye but their on the up they have a world class coach and an owner with bags of money. I know that doesn't always work but I would expect to see them at leat challenging for Aviva Premiership honours within the next 2 years.
Francois Lowe is a good signing for them but they have been poor for years and it will take a few years for them to get back up. Mind you the standard of the AP is that poor that maybe they can compete.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

Even if we do bring in another second row from the outside we will still need to replace Day and it will cost a lot more to get the equivalent quality another club. We only survived  last night because Adam Powell managed to last 80 minutes. When Irish scored their try there were members of our pack looking very tired and who can blame them as they were used to playing at Premiership level. We had run  out of fit second rows to replace them.

In fairness, when the players were waiting for the TMO's decision on Manu's try, some of the LI forwards were being treated for cramp, so they suffered as well.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

We have an equally good coaching team, better if you've seen Bath in some recent games,and have gone just as far with local talent and a lot less money.
I agree with you completely but be honest mate Geech is one of the greatest rugby coaches of all time.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:12pm

I heard this 'reduced' offer was a pitance so maybe he's had to look elsewhere.  If he's told he only worth keeping if he's on development squad wages then he's bound to look further afield.  It's almost as if he's being forced out.
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:20pm
Dom and Lou are a good paring and would not like them to be seperated
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

I heard this 'reduced' offer was a pitance so maybe he's had to look elsewhere.  If he's told he only worth keeping if he's on development squad wages then he's bound to look further afield.  It's almost as if he's being forced out.
Heard exactly the same thing mate and it's dissappointing. Just hope that what I was told of us trying to sign a second row comes true.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:36pm
You cannot have it both ways. I agree his form has improved but if our management do not rate him sufficiently to offer him a decent contract then is it any suprise he will look elsewhere.  Bath have a couple of young English Saxon bordering on main squad 2nd rows in Attwood and Caldwell and club captain Hooper so he would be as a back up player. Thats not taking int account the injury prone Simon Taylor who can also play there.
2nd row is where we are weak and need to invest. A quality tried overseas player and as a back up a dog of a 2nd row from the English 2nd tier who may be bought on Dom's offered wages. Someone hungary and wanting a chance to get noticed like Big Ben
We all had Doctor's papers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic