Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Down Time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Down Time.
    Posted: 14 March 2017 at 8:34am
I hate these big gaps between games.

I know we took a beating last time out, but this is when we needed a game ASAP to put things right.

These three weeks are dragging and the last thing in the squads mind is the loss.

Also, there will be the integration of some of the International players, so I worry we may not be there mentally for the Edinburgh game.
They have always caused us problems, and we cannot afford to lose this one in the run in.

I hope all works out.
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 9:55am
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

I hate these big gaps between games.

I know we took a beating last time out, but this is when we needed a game ASAP to put things right.

These three weeks are dragging and the last thing in the squads mind is the loss.

Also, there will be the integration of some of the International players, so I worry we may not be there mentally for the Edinburgh game.
They have always caused us problems, and we cannot afford to lose this one in the run in.

I hope all works out.

On the other hand, the break is a great chance after a pasting...regroup, refresh, right the wrongs.
Plus, time for physical and mental bumps and bruises to heal
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 10:58am
hopefully coaches will also be looking at what the squad will need next year and maybe some recruitment may be taking place. 
guys have had a hard run of games and a break will recharge the batteries. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 12:39pm
After that inexcusable show in Ealing they will need to prune a few names first before thinking of recruitment.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 12:42pm
I hope there's newspaper clippings up of the Leinster game for the boys to look at to be honest. Put some fire in their bellies.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 3:12pm
I know there are a myriad of reasons not to do it but it may have been a good opportunity to field them against Ealing so they were match fresh and could have blown away the loss to Leinster. The main worry is that if anyone got injured especially on their 4G pitch, our reserve reserves look decidedly poor.
Scarlets - Pro 12 Champions 2017
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic