Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dyslexic forum members....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyslexic forum members....
    Posted: 18 August 2018 at 11:52am
We thank you for the new colour scheme....CryDeadClapEmbarrassedConfused

Seriously that Yellow is really causing me problems.
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 11:55am
not moaning, just highlighting an issue. Its probably just me. But reminds me of the old Sunfly Kareoke. Really bad clash of colours that are sending my eyeballs doo-lally.

Blue purple and yellow are really bad backround colours for me. Anyone else suffer?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 11:56am
The Navy was ok it was mild.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 11:59am
I figured the yellow is to represent the golden sands of the beaches down the Gower, as we try and reach out to forum members beyond West Wales! 😉
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I figured the yellow is to represent the golden sands of the beaches down the Gower, as we try and reach out to forum members beyond West Wales! 😉

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I thought it was to represent the stock piles of gold by the Cardis.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 2:20pm
CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCool

Highly recommended when visiting Scarletfever...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 2:28pm
Jeez we are old.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

We thank you for the new colour scheme....CryDeadClapEmbarrassedConfused

Seriously that Yellow is really causing me problems.
Point taken and amended, but can you stop creating threads in Scarlets General that don't need to be there. Cheers.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2018 at 4:33pm
Also if anyone want to force changes the cached view of the forum, hold the shift key and press F5 to refresh the page.

Edited by minded - 18 August 2018 at 4:34pm
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 6:45am
why would a dyslexic suffer with a bright colour?they struggle with words.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 10:29am
Apparently a coloured background can help dyslexic sufferers. Some prefer blue. others pink or green, the colour can vary from one sufferer to the next. 

To a dyslexic, the words/letters can move around on the page. A coloured background can 'fix' the words/letters to stop them moving. To some sufferers, colour makes no difference at all. Some sufferers will carry coloured A4 sized 'polly pocket' sleeves. They then put the A4 sheet inside which changes the white background to another colour. 

This was what some of my dyslexic pupils told me.

Edited by ap sior - 20 August 2018 at 10:32am
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2018 at 4:22pm
thanks ap.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic