Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

England v Wales.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 7:53am
An entertaining game but in all fairness 33-16 until the final 10 minutes and the cards was a better reflection of the game. Thought Navidi had a very good game but their front five were far better than ours. Tomas Williams I thought was really poor - pathetic tackle attempt on Watson and his passing is all over the place. Box kicking was constantly too long so no hope of any challenge. No surprise to see him subbed early. The decision to drop Cawdor is another howler. 

Yet again we are gifting teams very soft tries. The decision to not offer Edwards a new 4 year deal will go down as probably the worst decision ever by the WRU and that is saying something. 
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 8:17am
Nice game to watch, level wasnt so different between the two teams, considering all the injuries in Wales...Maybe this year some ref calls were not so lucky to Wales, but I think the team is under construction...
I think the first thing that cant do is compare who isn t in team and actual staff...
Edwards is the strabiliant coach of now a day after spending 10 years to work in high level and make experience. Actual staff is at their first international job and they need to understand the different between club and national rugby...It s to early for critics, and don t help the atmosphere. I think the first judges could arrive after Lions tour and a complete renew of the roster
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 8:59am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by John John wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Loved Joe Marler’s feel of AWJ’s crown jewels!! Definitely weird though!

Just how parents explain that kind of behaviour to there children ,just not good .

12 to 208 weeks ban is the sanction range according to the bbc website.
It’s not that unusual certainly in amateur rugby or messing around but Joe is a real maverick and caressing AWJ on national Tellie is really daft. I don’t want to eliminate characters in rugby but suspect he will get a citing ! I don’t think AWJ will be seeking counselling tomorrow 🤨

Don't understand why AWJ didn't make more of a fuss about it and draw the ref's attention.

3 years ago in Paris, Wayne Barnes referred the alleged bite on George North to the TMO. Why didn't/should AWJ have done the same. I think he should have. I think that it is a red card offence. Read somewhere rule 9.27 specifically states grabbing genitals. 

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:06am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Just how parents explain that kind of behaviour to there children ,just not good .

It’s not that unusual certainly in amateur rugby or messing around but Joe is a real maverick and caressing AWJ on national Tellie is really daft. I don’t want to eliminate characters in rugby but suspect he will get a citing ! I don’t think AWJ will be seeking counselling tomorrow 🤨

Don't understand why AWJ didn't make more of a fuss about it and draw the ref's attention.

3 years ago in Paris, Wayne Barnes referred the alleged bite on George North to the TMO. Why didn't/should AWJ have done the same. I think he should have. I think that it is a red card offence. Read somewhere rule 9.27 specifically states grabbing genitals. 

Your right .I suspect AWJ quite likes him off field as he called him a good bloke/guy and he didn’t want to put the boot in but just express concern the incident wasn’t picked up by the referees. 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:17am

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Your right .I suspect AWJ quite likes him off field as he called him a good bloke/guy and he didn’t want to put the boot in but just express concern the incident wasn’t picked up by the referees. 

That shouldnt have any impact on his onfield decisions. He plays for the oppisition. Its AWJ's job to ensure that the rules are followed. It doesnt matter if he was Jesus Christ, if he broke the rules he should be made to pay the consequences. Poor leadership by AWJ there.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:21am
To summarise, had the ref removed Marler permanently for the fondle, or had we not had that time wasted by the last scrum in our own 22, we would’ve won.

How on earth the TMO didn’t spot it or have it drawn to his attention is most surprising. Joncker, wasn’t it? He’s usually pretty good.

Undeserved as that might have been on the performance of 15 v 15, it remains more than a distinct possibility.

Plenty of points to counter any English triumphalism for those working/living in that environment.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 08 March 2020 at 9:22am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:38am
I think awj was too shocked to think clearly. That is a red card alll
Day long. Is tulagi shoulder on biggar in 1st min a yellow? Is his shoulder to george a pen try?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 9:43am
Tomos williams cant tackle hes missed try savers vs boks ireland and now england in last 6 months!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I think awj was too shocked to think clearly. That is a red card alll
Day long. Is tulagi shoulder on biggar in 1st min a yellow? Is his shoulder to george a pen try?

I agree Marler the pantomime villain doesn't know where the red lines are I am afraid and will probably be severely punished. Tuilagi's tackle on Bigger was for me a penalty & yellow. His red card offence was in no way a penalty try as George had already been tackled effectively by Slade. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:28am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Tomos williams cant tackle hes missed try savers vs boks ireland and now england in last 6 months!

Precisely so why does he keep getting selected. He just doesn't get anywhere near a tackle. Look I appreciate that 9's are usually the smallest guys on the field but in this instance if he just delayed Watson Liam would have stopped the score. Without Cawdor's pressure on the 10/12 Ford & Farrell had all the time needed to pick their kicks/plays.

What is clear is that the coaches are struggling to get a coherent plan together from defence and transitioning into attack. Of course we have players who are comfortable with a new style of attack as witnessed by the wonderful try at the start of the 2nd half. However there are too many in that team who look  very uncomfortable. I don't want to keep on beating George, who had one of his better games, but before Watson's try he totally messed up an offload to him and gave possession away. He looked shocked that he had been given the ball. 

Good instinctive players handle the ball with total ease - we have too many who don't. The great danger for Pivac is that even if he upskills his players to get them to be comfortable with an expansive game plan that the huge defensive issues they have will mean they have to score 30+ points to compete. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 10:42am
Marler's action was a joke? Bollocks, he's not that stupid -it was a deliberate provocation hoping to induce a Lousi- like reaction and the dismissal of the Welsh captain and possibly most influential player.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 11:19am
It was an obviously deliberate attempt to get a rise out of AWJ. Fair play to AWJ he didn't react. I do wonder if Wales' persistent nagging of refs is starting to count against us for more genuine aggreviences as we always seem to be in their ear. Perhaps AWJ could have mentioned this but I trust the man did what he thought was right out there. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 11:29am
Reading AWJ's very measured response to what happened, this bit is a bit strange: "It is difficult as captain because you cannot speak to a referee about anything". I thought the captain was the player who could speak to the ref. Does this imply the ref was not interested in speaking to him or was he told to go away? 
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

It was an obviously deliberate attempt to get a rise out of AWJ. Fair play to AWJ he didn't react. I do wonder if Wales' persistent nagging of refs is starting to count against us for more genuine aggreviences as we always seem to be in their ear. Perhaps AWJ could have mentioned this but I trust the man did what he thought was right out there. 

Not the best chosen phase in the circumstances get a rise
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

😂😂
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2020 at 4:22pm
H

Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

😂😂
I and others were thinking just the same 🤣 To many Benny Hill memories perhaps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic