Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ERC investigate the Ospreys.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ERC investigate the Ospreys.
    Posted: 24 February 2010 at 7:51am
The O's are being investigated over the eligibility of Januarie who was required to sign for at least three months. He returned back to SA after two months!

The Swansea Valley Cheaters strike again!

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:01am
This is severe stuff, the Stormers loaned the Jan for TWO MONTHS ONLY, stating this on their own website. The Ospreys knowing the three month rule stated he was there for three months, they were lying. He was employed from the 26th November and buggered off back on 25th January, to be elligable to play for the Stormers in the Super 14, this MUST have been agreed by the Ospreys, knowing full well the THREE MONTH Rule.

Dress it up anyway you like, this is not Leicester with an axe to grind, but the Premier Rugby mob, who know the rules have clearly been broken. This is fielding an inillegible player, who broke the three month employment rule, the penalty is outright expulsion, the cheating culture that infests the place has now even clouded the Managements thinking.

The Ospreys have refused to comment as this time, this was not a 16th man mistake ( yeah).
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"        Roger going life is good.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:23am
This is taken from The Stormers website. Proof that it was blatant cheating by The Ospreys!

Ricky Januarie © Vodacom StormersJanuarie set for Ospreys loan stint
- Thursday, November 26, 2009

Vodacom Stormers scrumhalf Ricky Januarie has joined Welsh club Ospreys in a two-month loan deal. The Springbok number nine had limited opportunities to play during the 2009 season and he will be looking to getting some much needed game time during his loan spell, whilst also gaining valuable experience in top European club competitions such as the Heineken Cup.

The nuggety scrumhalf will meet up with some familiar foes during his time at the Welsh outfit with former New Zealand flank Jerry Collins as well as British & Irish Lions 2009 squad members Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Ryan Jones, Mike Phillips, James Hook, Tommy Bowe, Shane Williams and Lee Byrne all on the clubs’ books.

Ricky could make his debut for his adopted side on December 5 against Irish club Munster with the tantalising prospect of facing former Vodacom Stormers captain Jean de Villiers in the clash.

Januarie will return to Cape Town in early February, in time for the pre-season clash against Boland on February 6. We wish Ricky all the best for his Welsh excursion and look forward to his return ahead of next year’s Vodacom Super 14!

http://www.thestormers.com/default.asp?aid=324671

Edited by redeyes - 24 February 2010 at 8:29am
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:33am
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

This is taken from The Stormers website. Proof that it was blatant cheating by The Ospreys!

Ricky Januarie © Vodacom StormersJanuarie set for Ospreys loan stint
- Thursday, November 26, 2009

Vodacom Stormers scrumhalf Ricky Januarie has joined Welsh club Ospreys in a two-month loan deal. The Springbok number nine had limited opportunities to play during the 2009 season and he will be looking to getting some much needed game time during his loan spell, whilst also gaining valuable experience in top European club competitions such as the Heineken Cup.

The nuggety scrumhalf will meet up with some familiar foes during his time at the Welsh outfit with former New Zealand flank Jerry Collins as well as British & Irish Lions 2009 squad members Adam Jones, Alun Wyn Jones, Ryan Jones, Mike Phillips, James Hook, Tommy Bowe, Shane Williams and Lee Byrne all on the clubs’ books.

Ricky could make his debut for his adopted side on December 5 against Irish club Munster with the tantalising prospect of facing former Vodacom Stormers captain Jean de Villiers in the clash.

Januarie will return to Cape Town in early February, in time for the pre-season clash against Boland on February 6. We wish Ricky all the best for his Welsh excursion and look forward to his return ahead of next year’s Vodacom Super 14!

http://www.thestormers.com/default.asp?aid=324671

And that Sir, is game set and match, the THREE MONTH RULE was set up to stop this happening. Good bye QTR Final,

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"        Roger going life is good.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:51am

And unlike the other clubs being investigated they've already been hauled up in front of the ERC once this season, can't really see how they can worm their way out of this one, even if they've paid him 3 months I'd imagine that would be irrelevant.

Also might this affect our Amlin match if teams qualifying from the HC and Amlin change?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 8:52am

There are forum members who genuinely want to see any Welsh side do well in the competition, and who will doubtless see this as a setback to the game in Wales as a whole. They see the village mentality and parochial attitude as detrimental to the national side and the Magners league.

I however am not one of those people as some of you will know, "Same old jackboys, always cheating.....":)
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 9:01am
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

There are forum members who genuinely want to see any Welsh side do well in the competition, and who will doubtless see this as a setback to the game in Wales as a whole. They see the village mentality and parochial attitude as detrimental to the national side and the Magners league.

I however am not one of those people as some of you will know, "Same old jackboys, always cheating.....":)

Clap Clap

If people didn't have village mentalities, then we wouldn't have villages, and parochials would have long gone extinct, that would be a shame as I think that parochials are very pretty

Edited by Gary Coleman - 24 February 2010 at 9:02am
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

Clap Clap

If people didn't have village mentalities, then we wouldn't have villages, and parochials would have long gone extinct, that would be a shame as I think that parochials are very pretty

I have one of these little Parrots in my conservatory, he is honest and has been with me for over three months, which is rare in Swansea....LOL

Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 9:17am

The idea that we should 'genuinely want to see any Welsh side do well' is in itself parochial.

Why should we support the Ospreys simply because they are, like us, Welsh? They are our rivals just as Ulster, Wasps or Glasgow are. The reference to the Magners league is especially daft. I want the 3 other Welsh regions to lose all their remaining league fixtures. This is not 'village mentaility' but self interest.

My dislike of the Ospreys in particular again has nothing to do with a village mentaility. I dislike them because their chequebook management style is a corrosive force in Welsh rugby.

It is particularly apt that it is their readiness to flash the cash that looks to have laid them low.

You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Sam Cheese Sam Cheese wrote:

It is particularly apt that it is their readiness to flash the cash that looks to have laid them low.

Indeed. Chickens coming home and roosting etc.

I will feel sorry for all fans who have bought tickets in Biarritz if they get thrown out though.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 9:45am
If true that he signed a two month contract, not the required three, then that's very stupid from the Ospreys and could cost them. 

Presumably they have someone who's familiar with the regulations who sorts out the deals? Could be they'll be needing to replace that person now.

On an aside, I wonder if this would have got this far if they'd have beaten any team but the Leicester Lawyers?
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Sam Cheese Sam Cheese wrote:

The idea that we should 'genuinely want to see any Welsh side do well' is in itself parochial.

Why should we support the Ospreys simply because they are, like us, Welsh? They are our rivals just as Ulster, Wasps or Glasgow are. The reference to the Magners league is especially daft. I want the 3 other Welsh regions to lose all their remaining league fixtures. This is not 'village mentaility' but self interest.

My dislike of the Ospreys in particular again has nothing to do with a village mentaility. I dislike them because their chequebook management style is a corrosive force in Welsh rugby.

And the splash the cash culture ensured that Janurie could not play the 6th Feb game for the Stormers unless he left the Ospreys a month before the Ospreys said he was leaving.

They are screwed.

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:20am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Presumably they have someone who's familiar with the regulations who sorts out the deals? Could be they'll be needing to replace that person now.

It's the same woman who was on the touchline that left Lee Byrne run on as the 16th man.
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:26am
Are we surprised they broke the rules !!!
Is that land I see on the horizon, it must be Menorca
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:44am
Here's a statement from the Ospreys.

We were contacted by ERC last month, as, we believe, were a number of other clubs, to clarify certain issues around the registration of players in this season's European competitions, in our case regarding Ricky Januarie. We are co-operating fully with ERC, providing them with all the relevant paperwork relating to Ricky's transfer and registration, and believe that all our actions comply implicitly with tournament regulations.

"We would reiterate that this is not solely an Ospreys issue, it is our understanding that ERC have also made contact with a number of other clubs regards the issue of registration.

"There will be no further comment on this issue from Ospreys Rugby.
"

They believe they've done nothing wrong so we need to wait until the official ruling to see who's telling the truth.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 10:58am
just wondering who the other clubs are.

but as for the ospreys, they really don`t grace the hc that well do they? i can`t see how a not guilty verdict could be found here. its a blatant example of the rules being broken and the punishment is there in black and white.

they really bring shame to the welsh game as a whole. they seem to be going out of their way to make enemies all over the game.

they hate them in ireland, they hate them in west wales, they hate them in england. chuck `em out erc. enough is enough, put an end to this plastic nonsense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic