Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Europe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Despite being out of Europe I'd like to think we would not want to get a pasting at home from Leicester. Surely its in our best interest to build momentum from last night and try and gain another win?

We have no choice but to keep selecting the same players, they are the only one's fit and available anyway!

Lets approach this one with the same attitude as if we were still in the competition - pride in our home record is important too.

Absolutely, we need a walloping from the sais like we need a hole in the head right now.

This.
 We sold over 5,000 season tickets on the back of that run in the HC last season. Being whitewashed the season after is a commercial disaster. 
Those last 5 minutes against Racing are haunting me.
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2019 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Those last 5 minutes against Racing are haunting me.

Obvs it's not all on him but 

that missed Halfpenny conversion

still waking up with cold sweats about that one Cry LOL
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 9:56am
How many are making the trip to Paris regardless? Looking forward to seeing this fancy new stadium of theirs.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 10:58am
We definitely cannot select Tom Phillips, see Pivac interview below.  Apparently we wanted to start him in both matches.
Joshua24:15
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 3:40pm
As for qualification for next season's competition, am I right that it's based on a consolidated table of both conferences? Top six go through?

If so, that puts us in 8th, needing to overhaul Benetton and Edinburgh in our conference, or the Ospreys and Connacht in conference A. 

Or both of course!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

As for qualification for next season's competition, am I right that it's based on a consolidated table of both conferences? Top six go through?

If so, that puts us in 8th, needing to overhaul Benetton and Edinburgh in our conference, or the Ospreys and Connacht in conference A. 

Or both of course!

Top 6 plus 7th place play off winner.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Or both of course!
has it changed from last season?

Last season it was top 3 from each conference
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:29pm
Hasn't changed from last season

Top 3 from each conference qualify automatically... 4th placed teams in play off for 7th place

• Guinness PRO14 (7): The three highest ranked clubs from each conference. The fourth-ranked clubs from each conference will play off for the seventh place. (NB South African clubs are not eligible.)
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:36pm
Os and Ulster played off for the last (7th) spot last season.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 4:38pm
So as things stand, we would be playing Connacht for that 7th place.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 07 January 2019 at 4:38pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 5:17pm
How do they decide where the game is played? Not the playoff I was thinking of going into this season mind you lol.

Edited by Sosban bach - 07 January 2019 at 5:21pm
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

How do they decide where the game is played? Not the playoff I was thinking of going into this season mind you lol.
isn’t it a home and away leg?
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 7:18pm
Does anyone know if we are likely to have any more players fit for Saturday?
saundersfoot scarlets
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Whoever has the most points gets home advantage.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 9:56pm
I’m confident that we will start to come good towards the end of the season, timing it just right, with a bit of help with injuries. Hopefully we will go into the last 4-6 weeks of the pro14 season with a fairly clean bill of health and have too much for some of the teams around us. Ulster have a terrible run in so I believe we will either finish 2nd or 3rd behind Edinburgh, Leinster are on another level to us unfortunately.
With regards to this seasons champions cup campaign, put it down to experience and the fact that we were there to aimed at (having reached the semifinals last year). We should have beaten Racing at PYS, we should have been out of sight before the referee allowed them back into the game and eventually win it. Leicester away was always going to be tough, even our great sides of the early 2000’s couldn’t get near them up there. Ulster was a horror show (both legs), despite playing really badly, we could have won at PYS and the away leg was then a dead rubber for us.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I’m confident that we will start to come good towards the end of the season, timing it just right, with a bit of help with injuries. Hopefully we will go into the last 4-6 weeks of the pro14 season with a fairly clean bill of health and have too much for some of the teams around us. Ulster have a terrible run in so I believe we will either finish 2nd or 3rd behind Edinburgh, Leinster are on another level to us unfortunately.
With regards to this seasons champions cup campaign, put it down to experience and the fact that we were there to aimed at (having reached the semifinals last year). We should have beaten Racing at PYS, we should have been out of sight before the referee allowed them back into the game and eventually win it. Leicester away was always going to be tough, even our great sides of the early 2000’s couldn’t get near them up there. Ulster was a horror show (both legs), despite playing really badly, we could have won at PYS and the away leg was then a dead rubber for us.

Good positive post, great stuff!!
saundersfoot scarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic