Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Farell last minute high tackle?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Farell last minute high tackle?
    Posted: 03 November 2018 at 4:58pm
saes v boks 

How the heck did the ref rule that was not a high illegal tackle ?
no arms involved either

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 5:08pm
Terrible decision, I was waiting for the red card to come out. High tackles were not penalised either. Perhaps there are different rules for international games. 🤔🤔🤔
Keep the faith
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 5:18pm
staggering , there is no way that was a legal tackle...The ref rushed the decision didnt speak to the video ref just lost his head and totally bottled it
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 5:25pm
Like I said in the Fonotia thread, there does appear to be a different set of rules for internationals or international players. If Fonotia or Cassiem were welsh international players, I believe neither would have been cited let alone banned.
The Munster player charging into the kicker against Exeter chiefs, these are just some of the differences between the way international players are treated over professionals club/regional players.
Winston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 7:32pm
Perhaps he’ll be cited. Even Matt Dawson thought it was illegal. Oh wait a minute. Farrell is captain of England different rules
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 7:44pm
Didn’t do enough with his arms for that to be considered a tackle, penalty and yellow.
Winston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 7:54pm
Did nowt with his arms
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2018 at 9:35pm
Some of the tackle rules are getting daft in a physical game but in today’s rules he clearly led with the shoulder with no material attempt to tackle. Should have been a penalty and the chance to kick to try for the win.

Edited by reesytheexile - 04 November 2018 at 11:23am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 1:43am
Whitehouse's lack of input led to a bottled decision, the Planet Rugby write up does not even mention it....one rule for England another rule for everyone else..
EssexTurk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EssexTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 10:20am
I await the citing official to do his thing, but will not be holding my breath. England internationals are historically treated very leniently, so I'd figure punishment will be minimal, if there's anything at all. Hi it won't change the result.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 3:00pm
It was a no-arms tackle all day - an astonishing decision to ignore that.

As for the game itself, SA have only themselves to blame - they kicked four (FOUR!) penalties to touch near England's line, and failed to score from any of the lineouts... maybe their goal kicker was crap, but he'd surely have got one or two to win the game (contrast Wales with 1/2p, putting us up 9-0 v Scotland...). Marx's lineout throwing was completely off - and he's up for 'player of the year'!Shocked
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

It was a no-arms tackle all day - an astonishing decision to ignore that.

As for the game itself, SA have only themselves to blame - they kicked four (FOUR!) penalties to touch near England's line, and failed to score from any of the lineouts... maybe their goal kicker was crap, but he'd surely have got one or two to win the game (contrast Wales with 1/2p, putting us up 9-0 v Scotland...). Marx's lineout throwing was completely off - and he's up for 'player of the year'!Shocked
I know another team that done that against racing.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by EssexTurk EssexTurk wrote:

I await the citing official to do his thing, but will not be holding my breath. England internationals are historically treated very leniently, so I'd figure punishment will be minimal, if there's anything at all. Hi it won't change the result.
it won't change the result whatever happens.

30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Winston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2018 at 7:17pm
As predicted. No further action. I suppose it could be argued that it was yellow so no citing possible
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 11:53am
That tackle aside, SA should have one that game given their first half performance. They had ample opportunity to beat England for sure.
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2018 at 12:03pm
[QUOTE=Mrfwon]That tackle aside, SA should have one that game given their first half performance. They had ample opportunity to beat England for sure.[/QUOT

One thing for sure is that the AB's won't waste that many chances. The 3 attacking lineouts were unbelievable & I have never seen a 12 make so many line breaks with no end result. Can you imagine the scoreline if Sony Bill makes 6 clean breaks in Englands 22 next weekend!!!!! If I was Eddie I wouldn't be getting much sleep this week. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic