Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fenby and North Gone, So Who Should Come In?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 11:41am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22025688

Carmarthen Quins centre Rheon James is joining Cornish Pirates next season.
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
Sponsored Links

dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 11:46am
I suspect we'll try to bring in one quality established player on the wing and one decent squad player. Any other resources will be put in the forwards. 

If we sign Delve, one of the Welsh wings listed above, a Super 15 fringe SH international winger (e.g. Cummins) and an openside worthy of a starting place in the HEC that would be acceptable. Anything less and I'll be disappointed. 

The doom sayers may like to propagate the 'we're not going to sign anyone' line but they did the same this time last year and we brought in Ball, Snyman, Earle, Vallejos, Adriaanse in the forwards who have IMO strengthened our team. I'd expect the same this summer!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by daveoda daveoda wrote:

decent ish centre, he should have been able to use to his size to his advantage more though imo. wish him well with the pirates, decent move for him. doubt he will ever quite make it at the top. Surprised the Dragons never came in for him tbh.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

I suspect we'll try to bring in one quality established player on the wing and one decent squad player. Any other resources will be put in the forwards. 

If we sign Delve, one of the Welsh wings listed above, a Super 15 fringe SH international winger (e.g. Cummins) and an openside worthy of a starting place in the HEC that would be acceptable. Anything less and I'll be disappointed. 

The doom sayers may like to propagate the 'we're not going to sign anyone' line but they did the same this time last year and we brought in Ball, Snyman, Earle, Vallejos, Adriaanse in the forwards who have IMO strengthened our team. I'd expect the same this summer!
very good post.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by daveoda daveoda wrote:

decent ish centre, he should have been able to use to his size to his advantage more though imo. wish him well with the pirates, decent move for him. doubt he will ever quite make it at the top. Surprised the Dragons never came in for him tbh.

All the best to him, but we've got a lot better in Maule and Warren.

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Pwds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 1:02pm
I'd be after someone in the mold of Finau on the wing and the nastiest number 8 that we can afford.
caucaunibuca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caucaunibuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Pwds Pwds wrote:

I'd be after someone in the mold of Finau on the wing and the nastiest number 8 that we can afford.
I agree with you completely. I think that a big number 8 and wing is what we need. Does anyone think Timani should have a crack at being an 8? I think he has the ball carrying ability and seems to make and impact every time he is brought on. Perhaps a pre-season could remould him into an 8 (bear in mind he used to play 8).
Also I think we need to raid the pacific islands for a winger. They can produce great things and are relatively cheap. The depth of talent is also vast - fiji won the gold coast sevens and the hong kong sevens this season with completely different squads! French teams have been doing it for years. We have a good link with tonga as well - finau, havea, martens, afeaki, timani, iongi. Perhaps we could look at signing timani's youngest brother: lopeti timani http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lopeti_Timani
hes a young and dynamic loose forward and plays for the waratahs with sitaleki.
God bless
"Just grab the ball and fly, think you can fly" - Rupeni Caucaunibuca (advising Joe Rokocoko before his first game for the Auckland Blues)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 1:51pm
possible heineken 15 for next season....would this be competitive?

liam
jordan
foxy
warren
scott
priest
rhodri
delve
shingler
dan t
earle
snyman
samson
ken
rhodri
reps adriannse,kyrby, ,ball,turnbull/mccusker, aled, shingler, owen
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 1:58pm
Becoming a development team for other teams benefit
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 2:08pm

I suspect we'll try to bring in one quality established player on the wing and one decent squad player. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Any other resources will be put in the forwards. </span>

Drew Mitchell is available ;)
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

possible heineken 15 for next season....would this be competitive?

liam
jordan
foxy
warren
scott
priest
rhodri
delve
shingler
dan t
earle
snyman
samson
ken
rhodri
reps adriannse,kyrby, ,ball,turnbull/mccusker, aled, shingler, owen

15. Either Gareth Owen /Steven Shingler / Jordan Williams
14. Liam Williams
13. foxy
12. Scott
11. (new signing)
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Aled Davies
8. (new signing) 
7. shingler
6. Rob McCusker
5. Johan Snyman
4. George Earle
3. Jacobie Adriaanse
2. Ken Owen
1. Rhodri Jones
REPS -
Emyr Phillips,Phil John, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Josh Turnbull, Gareth Davies, plus 2 of Steven Shingler, Adam Warren, Gareth Maule, Jordan Williams, Kristian Phillips, Kyle Evans, Steffan Hughes, Dion Jones.  

thats it for me. recruitment is key this season for back 3 players as well no.8. if theres enough for a 7 then a 7 is on the list too.  
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 2:27pm
9 Aled Cawdor Rhodri
10 Rhys Aled Dan N
11 Sanjay ? ?
12 Scott Maule
13 Foxy Warren Reynolds
14 ?
15 Owen Jordan Dan N

I'm not counting completely green premiership players like Kyle or Dale. Am I missing anyone? I know I've used Dan twice.

I'd say our first choices are fairly weak at 15 and non existent at 14 so we really need to sign 2 back 3 players of good quality to carry us through next season.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

15. Either Gareth Owen /Steven Shingler / Jordan Williams
14. Liam Williams
13. foxy
12. Scott
11. (new signing)
10. Rhys Priestland
9. Aled Davies
8. (new signing) 
7. shingler
6. Rob McCusker
5. Johan Snyman
4. George Earle
3. Jacobie Adriaanse
2. Ken Owen
1. Rhodri Jones
REPS -
Emyr Phillips,Phil John, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Josh Turnbull, Gareth Davies, plus 2 of Steven Shingler, Adam Warren, Gareth Maule, Jordan Williams, Kristian Phillips, Kyle Evans, Steffan Hughes, Dion Jones.  

thats it for me. recruitment is key this season for back 3 players as well no.8. if theres enough for a 7 then a 7 is on the list too.  

You've missed Dan Thomas out there. He'll definitely be involved next season. For sure. Can't see Steffan Hughes nor Dion Jones getting a look in yet. Still pretty young.
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 2:28pm

I suspect we'll try to bring in one quality established player on the wing and one decent squad player. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Any other resources will be put in the forwards. </span>

Spot bloody on Dan...

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 2:32pm
We definitely also need a decent 7, although I reckon we'll bring Dan Thomas through next year and rely on Josh and Jedward in reality.

We are looking for an 8 so let's hope we get a good one. In the current climate I doubt Delve is a good buy because we will specifically be looking to minimise our exposure to international call ups.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Spot bloody on Dan...

Like I said above, we probably won't sign a 7 because we have Josh, Jedward and Dan T. We will get an 8 and 2 backs I reckon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic