Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fit for Benneton ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fit for Benneton ?
    Posted: 31 January 2019 at 8:20am
Any news about our injured players regarding them being available for the Italian trip?
We have another two weeks to go so I would hope we could have some of the cavalry back by then.

It seems all quiet on the injury front which is a worry tbh.Cry
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 2:20pm
Cubby wasn't far off last I heard.
We're still still here!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Cubby wasn't far off last I heard.
Think he's targeting the Benetton game.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 2:48pm
Jake Ball, needs game time, come on Warren send him back for a game if you intend just using him as a tackle bag holder.
Keep the faith
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Jake Ball, needs game time, come on Warren send him back for a game if you intend just using him as a tackle bag holder.

With a little luck we may end up getting Halfpenny, Patchell, Steff, Jake & Ryan - now that would be more than fairWink
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

With a little luck we may end up getting Halfpenny, Patchell, Steff, Jake & Ryan - now that would be more than fairWink
To be fair, that would be a sensible move for Gatland as Patch and Leigh would be desperate for game time, and Steff, Jake and Ryan are unlikely to feature during the campaign so again would benefit from some time on the pitch.

Here's hoping !!!
Page the oracle
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 6:28am
blade Thompson?
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 11:47am
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

blade Thompson?
I know everyone is different and each case of concussion is different, but with Halfpenny only just close to a return Thomson was only a week or two before Halfpenny and that was a serious one. I don't expect him back at least a few weeks after Halfpenny.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

To be fair, that would be a sensible move for Gatland as Patch and Leigh would be desperate for game time, and Steff, Jake and Ryan are unlikely to feature during the campaign so again would benefit from some time on the pitch.

Here's hoping !!!

And there in is your problem LOLLOLLOL
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 1:02pm
If things go badly wrong tonight with Wales, I see some of the fringe players mentioned held back for.

So (selfishly) lets hope for a Welsh win, but even then Ryan is my only banker.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

If things go badly wrong tonight with Wales, I see some of the fringe players mentioned held back for.

So (selfishly) lets hope for a Welsh win, but even then Ryan is my only banker.

Yes its a very tough prediction. It would surely make sense to give Leigh & Rhys a runout before selection although Gatland has decided against that in Moriarty's case. Jake must be the next in line so would be held back if any of the rows were injured or indeed had a poor game. Where Steff is in the pecking order is difficult. I would put Amos as the next wing in line but what do I know!!!!
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 1:45pm
I still think we have seen the last of Shingler 
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Care to explain?
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 1:54pm
I also think they should have game time even if it was agreed with Gatland how long, BUT........

I think Gatland likes Steff, he goes looking for work, and in reality is the only player in the squad that can create something out of nothing, his problem is he must remember he can't do every time.

I probably am one of the few that thinks his defensive limitations are overstated, especially after watching last Saturday's games, with the Cardiff wingers panicking and consistently out of position.

I remember how JJ & Gerald defended but would I pick them of course I would, and he would be one of my Scarlet side.

I can honestly see Steff getting time, because at the end of the day we must score tries, and we are not !!

Sorry gone off the subject.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 1:57pm
I must admit I have been told 2 stories,

A---- back Feb/March.

B-----Christmas time was told Shingler was 50/50 in coming back.

Both sources are normally very good, which do you go for?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Is that based on any hard facts? I would be more concerned about Halfpenny & Blade quite frankly at this moment in time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic