Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fit for Benneton ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I must admit I have been told 2 stories,

A---- back Feb/March.

B-----Christmas time was told Shingler was 50/50 in coming back.

Both sources are normally very good, which do you go for?
both were correct. He was scheduled for dec/jan return but needed another op apparently which ruled him out of 6N - so feb/march now sounds about right.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 3:27pm
Yes latest I heard on Aaron was he was scheduled for January until he had to have a follow up clean up to his knee so extended to March. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 7:14pm
PE SA

Sorry the 50/50 comment refers in coming back at any time....finished. So we'll wait and see.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 10:51pm

I also think they should have game time even if it was agreed with Gatland how long, BUT........

I think Gatland likes Steff, he goes looking for work, and in reality is the only player in the squad that can create something out of nothing, his problem is he must remember he can't do every time.

I probably am one of the few that thinks his defensive limitations are overstated, especially after watching last Saturday's games, with the Cardiff wingers panicking and consistently out of position.

I remember how JJ & Gerald defended but would I pick them of course I would, and he would be one of my Scarlet side.

I can honestly see Steff getting time, because at the end of the day we must score tries, and we are not !!

Sorry gone off the subject.
I suspect that Steff will be a spectator unless George or Josh get injured as they both looked the real deal tonight.
Therefore lets have him back for us.
They also have Amos, so why keep a player on his arse for 6 weeks????

It wont happen though .Angry
Page the oracle
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes latest I heard on Aaron was he was scheduled for January until he had to have a follow up clean up to his knee so extended to March. 
Let us not forget Mark Jones who had two knee reconstructions but still came back to play for Wales.

I really hope that Aaron can get back on the field as he is a great player with a lot to offer.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Page the oracle
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 7:16pm

I must admit I have been told 2 stories,

A---- back Feb/March.

B-----Christmas time was told Shingler was 50/50 in coming back.

Both sources are normally very good, which do you go for?

I’ve got a feeling about HP too.
ynysddurfc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 5:37pm
Seems that Patchel and Halfpenny are not in the 31 man squad in France pre the Italian match per BBC Wales
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by ynysddurfc ynysddurfc wrote:

Seems that Patchel and Halfpenny are not in the 31 man squad in France pre the Italian match per BBC Wales

Provided they are ready it would do them no harm to have some game time even if off the bench against a tiring defence.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by ynysddurfc ynysddurfc wrote:

Nor Steff Evans .
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2019 at 10:39am
Halfpenny was ruled out of the first two 6N games at the very least.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic