Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fonotia 3 week ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Hardly, he is trying to hand off George and he ducks into the challenge

Seriously?

Is easy to look at these things in slow motion. His elbow goes high to push George unfortunate it’s at his neck. Timing is bad but not malicious.

That's the way I see it too - now, given that the Os were found to have 'unintentionally' knocked on 5 yards from their line, and 'unintentionally' made a high tackle, will we be judged in the same way?
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 7:47pm
Just to add to the injustice of Nigel-No-Cards' performance, we will now get a player banned for a couple of weeks or more, with Tips walking free.
Scarlets before Wales
Craigy boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 7:55pm
The game is becoming a joke
gorau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:36pm
Nothing about Tipuric! 

Tipuric's 'tackle' on Clyne was more malicious than that and he walks away with no further sanction. I won't be surprised now to see Fonotia banned for a while. 

eds
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Hardly, he is trying to hand off George and he ducks into the challenge

Seriously?

We were all waiting for you in the threads where we discuss the officiating. I noticed you were conspicuous by your absence.

Didnt take much to draw you out tho, first scent of a negative Scarlets story and you are right there.

Good old postcode, as dependable as he is predictable. WinkLOLClap  
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:53pm
You couldn’t make this up........
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:55pm
If its for what is shown in the clip its an absolute joke ,doesn't compare with Tipurics swinging arm on SHC
saundersfoot scarlets
EssexTurk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EssexTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:56pm
Watched the clip a few times now. Does anybody else think it has similarities to Sergio Parisse red card? Receives the ball, barely has time to switch to right hand before North is on him. North's knees are bent, almost ducking into KF as he raises arm in defence and braces for impact. No denying KF forearm hits North's collar bone and slides up, but certainly mitigating circumstances.
gorau View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 8:58pm
Completely agree!
eds
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:02pm
Pretty clear offense, I thought it was flagged at the time but I could be wrong.

A couple of other fairly similar incidents during the game, i do wonder if that incident had been picked up and penalized at the time would it now be cited.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Pretty clear offense, I thought it was flagged at the time but I could be wrong.

A couple of other fairly similar incidents during the game, i do wonder if that incident had been picked up and penalized at the time would it now be cited.

Citings are only for incidents that might have been worthy of a red card? So that shouldn't be the case (which doesn't mean that it wouldn't be). 

Edited by John - 08 October 2018 at 9:10pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:38pm
The panel will consist of Michael Coughlan (chair), Kim Moloeny and George Spotswood (all Ireland).

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:38pm
Well I say bring back the game of days gone by. Where you could do tings like this and not get a suspension.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:41pm
The Fail being as classy as ever with their headline saying that he’s facing a ban after citing for ‘physical abuse’ of George North.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Wil, surely the Scarlets can seek an explanation as to HOW the Citing Officer differentiated between the Fonotia and Tipuric incidents ? Tipuric also shoulder charged Parkes in front of Owens who penalised him. That was after Otten was penalised for going high on SHC I think it was.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Well I say bring back the game of days gone by. Where you could do tings like this and not get a suspension.

Didn't even get penalised. O's were given a scrum for a knock on from what I recall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic