Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fonotia 3 week ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Well I say bring back the game of days gone by. Where you could do tings like this and not get a suspension.

Didn't even get penalised. O's were given a scrum for a knock on from what I recall

Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:55pm
Who was reffing that game?

That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 9:59pm
Leighton Hodges. He did refer it to the TMO !!!!!

Edited by ap sior - 08 October 2018 at 10:52pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 10:03pm
Poor Andy Fenby is still recovering from that hit.

Seem to remember Fonotia tip tackled Gareth Owen at PyS a few seasons ago and got away with it. Fonotia was playing for O's then. Guess who was reffing ????.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 10:34pm

Well I say bring back the game of days gone by. Where you could do tings like this and not get a suspension.

Not got a suspension? If I remember correctly, the TMO Derek Bevan didn't even consider it a foul and we were not given the try.
Scarlets before Wales
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Hardly, he is trying to hand off George and he ducks into the challenge

Seriously?

We were all waiting for you in the threads where we discuss the officiating. I noticed you were conspicuous by your absence.

Didnt take much to draw you out tho, first scent of a negative Scarlets story and you are right there.

Good old postcode, as dependable as he is predictable. WinkLOLClap  

I thought the reffing was awful. I’ve said it on here and social media. Saying there was nothing wrong with the citing is just one eyed. If north had done it to Fonotia we’d be saying it totally different.

Saying that I feel dirty agreeing with people on Nigel being awful. Uch.

Edited by SA14 - 08 October 2018 at 10:39pm
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 10:49pm
You just can not say that it deserves a red card. If he gets banned for this it would be ridiculous.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Didn't even get penalised. O's were given a scrum for a knock on from what I recall

Anyone remember the ref that day?
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 11:10pm

It's this I believe. Man of the match and suspended?

These citings are becoming ridiculous. That is not a red card offence, and that is the threshold that must be met.

Are these citing commissioners actual pro-level referees?
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Not got a suspension? If I remember correctly, the TMO Derek Bevan didn't even consider it a foul and we were not given the try.

That was the moment that it became clear Derrick Bevan had gone past his use-by-date.

He said something like it was no foul as Fenby dived down, and if he hadn’t dived he wouldn’t have been hit in the face. He ignored that Stowers would’ve been expecting him to dive, because that is what every player in the world would’ve done in that situation.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 11:28pm
Yes, Bevan. He also came out with the double double negative for a try with Nige as ref. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rG-vYJc1jw
Scarlets before Wales
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2018 at 11:35pm
I can't remember which game recently the Commentator saying after George North was tackled and clutching the air and going down like a sack of potatoes that he would get an "Oscar" for that performance and no place for it in rugby!! LOL

"YMA O HYD"
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 12:38am
Tips tackle on clyne was way more dangerous than this Fml let's not have handoffs or any touching anymore please
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 1:05am
[QUOTE=Scarletstarch]
I can't remember which game recently the Commentator saying after George North was tackled and clutching the air and going down like a sack of potatoes that he would get an "Oscar" for that performance and no place for it in rugby!! LOL

[For a big guy George North goes down pretty easily .
saundersfoot scarlets
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 7:30am
I remember sioni tiamani being carded for the same offence a few years back. Leading with the forearm.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2018 at 8:20am
game is becoming a joke if that's a card.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic