Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fonotia 3 week ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Before anyone asks - Yes............ I am going to keep doing these until the disciplinary processes in rugby are changed.

I hope you do. Its killing my enthusiasm for the game. The officiating disparity, not your GIFs.
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2018 at 5:17pm
At the risk of upsetting any football fans, 'football is 90 minutes of pretending you've been hurt, whereas rugby is 80 minutes of pretending you haven't.

These discrepancies will only push us down the football route.
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
crj89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 6:00pm
Wonder if Alun Wyn will be sighted for a nothing fore arm to the neck 😂😂 Thinking back to the Fonotia ban, it was laughable!

Edited by crj89 - 10 November 2018 at 6:00pm
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Wonder if Alun Wyn will be sighted for a nothing fore arm to the neck 😂😂 Thinking back to the Fonotia ban, it was laughable!

He was lucky the Aussies didn’t whinge to the ref. That’s a red this season.

I think this’ll be his last match of this autumn series.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 6:18pm
3 weeks. Will be a huge loss to Wales throughout November.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

He was lucky the Aussies didn’t whinge to the ref. That’s a red this season.

I think this’ll be his last match of this autumn series.
Yes, I agree and ties in with my post above.  If the Ozzie had gone down and writhed around on the floor, then its TMO time and possible red.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 6:22pm

Outcome based isnlt it, so no citing I suspect.

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Outcome based isnlt it, so no citing I suspect.

By outcome, do you mean, “Oh no, we can’t possibly deprive Wales of their captain. Let’s pick on someone less important?”

Btw, Ozzie used to sing for Black Sabbath.

Aussie might be what you meant
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 7:25pm
Have you had a few beers Steve.Beer Smile
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Have you had a few beers Steve.Beer Smile
No, Rob. Must be about 2 weeks since I had a beer.

Are you telling me I’ve some catching up to do?

Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 9:44am
If it's outcome based, will the citing commissioner do the right thing, embarrass the ref, and cite the guy who put a shoulder to 1/2p's head, sending him off for a HIA?

As I wrote in the match thread, in SA v France there was a similar collision at a charge-down attempt - Nigel O and the TMO there decided it was a penalty but no more - but that guy stayed on and wasn't hurt... so the 1/2p one was more, not less, serious, no?

Consistency, consistency...Shocked
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 10:37am
If you look at the footage the no.13 plants his foot then launches into h/p. There was intent there
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 10:42am
Maybe when we take a hit we should intoduce our players as sexton, and when we give a hit introduce them as farrell.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

If you look at the footage the no.13 plants his foot then launches into h/p. There was intent there

I didn't see it, but it seems as if Martin Johnson - no stranger to the 'dark arts' - thought so too. At the very best interpretation, it was reckless.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I didn't see it, but it seems as if Martin Johnson - no stranger to the 'dark arts' - thought so too. At the very best interpretation, it was reckless.

It's here. World Rugby are a joke.

2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2018 at 3:37pm
The responsibility for the contact sits with the tackler so diving in without looking where your shoulder is going is reckless play, the officials that called this as a Rugby collision clearly are not taking the new guidelines into account.

Edited by 2ndtimeround - 11 November 2018 at 3:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic