Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Quinlan- After Match

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ymlaenllanelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alan Quinlan- After Match
    Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:36pm
i was appauld at this guy after the match by the players tunnel, as him and the rest of the team was walking to the tunnel through the crowds of supporters on the field, one kid, about 15/16 was chanting "scarlets" and waving our players in and i don't know why but Quinlan pushed and started shouting at him, i realise he must be emotional and frustrated after the loss, but that was unacceptable, and as we saw with Trevor Brennan, it lead to some big circumstances, shall i report this to the club or someone else or just leave it there?

Edited by ymlaenllanelli
Sponsored Links

ScarletHeart View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 12:05am

If you think it was a violent push and all he did was chant scarlets then I'd say report it, especially if a 195cm proffessional pushed a 15 yr old. They can then decide to take it from there, they will probably be able to see it from better angles (if the cameras caught it) and assess the situation. Even though we won and we don't want to sour the night there is no room for that in rugby, especially not in a game that was so good and full of friendly banter.

[IMG]
ymlaenllanelli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ymlaenllanelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 12:20am
i will take a look at the game on tv (i recorded) to see if it's on there
connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 12:27am
Originally posted by ymlaenllanelli ymlaenllanelli wrote:

i will take a look at the game on tv (i recorded) to see if it's on there
i never cos we always lose when i do
Pigeon Toed Orange Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel..........
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:08am
I agree Connorboy every time i record the game we lost, fact not fantasy, even when we had the game in the bag and i would phone home and ask the wife to record what was left of the game, we would bloody lose. I even refuse to record for anybody now, but watching the whole game again on Sky last night with no nerves and lots of booze and watching breathtaking rugby makes up for all the recordings that have been binned
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 9:27am

Originally posted by connor boy connor boy wrote:

i never cos we always lose when i do

I've got a sledgehammer you can borrow for your VCR  !!

Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ymlaenllanelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 2:15pm

can anyone tell me the best person to send a letter/email to

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by ymlaenllanelli ymlaenllanelli wrote:

can anyone tell me the best person to send a letter/email to

Send the letter to Stuart Gallacher.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Rhys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 6:59pm
I saw Quinlan turn very aggressive towards a spectator as i was coming away from the South stand next to the players tunnel. not sure which team the spectator was supporting but Donnach O'Callaghan had to pull quinlan back and have a word in his ear to calm him down. Quinlan was not amused by DOC's intervention.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ymlaenllanelli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2007 at 7:12pm

he was a scarlets fan (with a flag) and also one of the crowd control stewards saw it (he was  bald)

will write the letter up tonight

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic