Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Viva la France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viva la France
    Posted: 13 October 2007 at 7:44pm
Having had to put up withe the saes biased crap all day, my mind as been made, if it needed.......Allez le Bleurs
Sponsored Links

scarlets_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlets_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 7:47pm
C'mon France. you can do it!!
scarletwrecsam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletwrecsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 8:06pm
Is there a game on or something? Just switched on Itv - 2 mins later have had enough, s4c it is then.
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 9:44pm
OH my god!!!
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
h_lowales1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h_lowales1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 9:50pm
Am I the only 1 sick of the biased commentry?
** Scarlet 4eva**
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 9:51pm

Originally posted by h_lowales1 h_lowales1 wrote:

Well you're not the only Welshman living in Wales are you?

No, you're not the only one!

Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Alun Alun wrote:

Yes, the commentary is grating, however - England deserved to be there as they scored the try.

During last year's HC, the English teams were nowhere in the pools yet the final was an all England affair. At the start of the WC, England were awful but yet they've turned it around and are in the final. That is the mark of sides comfortable with themselves and each other and confident in their ability. It would be great if only the Welsh dug deep when the chips were down. You can't knock England for that, only admire them.

I suppose that Ashton is dreaming of that knighthood already!

Dixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:14pm

Oh bloody hell !!

Aint ever gonna hear the end of it now !!!

scarlet157 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:15pm

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h_lowales1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h_lowales1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:26pm

Thats enough..... its been about 20 minutes and even the weatherman seems to be enjoying the fact that England are in the final!

Where's the tape of the Scarlets v Ulster game?!

** Scarlet 4eva**
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:26pm

Don't worry - they might have been able to dig deep but to be frank they didn't have to dig that deep.

They got lucky against an Australian team that managed to defy the odds and lose the match and then they did to France what Argentina did to them  -stopped them playing. Fair play to them for winning and being the last bunch of guys standing but I think they will find the Boks (as long as they do the decent thing and beat Argentina tomorrow) a completely different proposition.

I still think the Webb Ellis is going to the Southern Hemisphere.

Edited by sgsmorgan
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

Yes, the commentary is grating, however - England deserved to be there as they scored the try.

During last year's HC, the English teams were nowhere in the pools yet the final was an all England affair. At the start of the WC, England were awful but yet they've turned it around and are in the final. That is the mark of sides comfortable with themselves and each other and confident in their ability. It would be great if only the Welsh dug deep when the chips were down. You can't knock England for that, only admire them.

You can not be serious! France had the lions share of possession and eggland had a very very lucky try. The best team lost IMO.

Through Thick And Thin!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:40pm
England, England, enjoyed that, England, England, felt sorry for Jonny because the, England, England, French ball boys, England, kept giving him the wrong ball and he had to change it, England. Even the gorilla, England, had an England thing on his drums. Thought the England, England, England, England, England, England, England, commentary was England, England, England not too bias, England. Wonder England, who will England, Win tomorrow? England, England, England, England.

BTW, who were they playing? I don't think it's been mentioned since England beat Australia last week.

Edited by Quagmire
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Tell Sally Tell Sally wrote:

You can not be serious! France had the lions share of possession and eggland had a very very lucky try. The best team lost IMO.

ANY team that scores a try deserves to beat a team that kicks the goals, although I agree that France were the better team - but that wasn't my point above.

However, despite the fact that we all seem to be horrified that England have made the final (I don't begrudge them the success, I just hate all the hype and the press that goes with it) - the record books will always show a 14-9 victory regardless of which team deserved what.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 10:59pm

Originally posted by Tell Sally Tell Sally wrote:

ANY team that scores a try deserves to beat a team that kicks the goals, although I agree that France were the better team - but that wasn't my point above.

However, despite the fact that we all seem to be horrified that England have made the final (I don't begrudge them the success, I just hate all the hype and the press that goes with it) - the record books will always show a 14-9 victory regardless of which team deserved what.

That's my gripe with it. It's like a twist of the knife. You don't hear of rugby in the press or papers and now all of a sudden.

England, England, England.
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 12:35am
It's  so frustrating that on paper a team of potential talent like Wales goes out to bloody Fiji, and England, a one dimensional team with the luck of the draw ( this team would have been wiped off the park if they had played NZ) gets to the bloody final.

Aaargh! it's so frustrating that i do not know what to do!

My only consolation is that every year i give up the success of Wakes for the Scarlets winning the HC. So don't worry we shall be pain free next May
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic