Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regan King to Ospreys?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 10:35am
Their jerseys alone are worth around £600,00.
Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 10:35am
Originally posted by scarlet1234 scarlet1234 wrote:

Originally posted by Quagmire Quagmire wrote:

Be honest, which squad would you prefer? If anyone says ours I'd be interested to hear why.
Whenever we make comparisons we use the Heineken cup to gauge ourselves against everyone when basically us and the Heineken cup could be compare do New Zealand and the world cup. LOL

Fair comment but we have been there and got a story to tell.

We have beem to Quarters & semi's, But we have NEVER been THERE. I would rather have THE story to tell of how I was there when the Scarlets won the Heiniken Cup, yes it was a great day out at The Walkers, but it was only a Semi... it was a 3rd / 4th place in Rugbys leading tournament.

Wasps, Leicester & Toulouse etc.. have "BEEN THERE", unfortunately (or fortunately)we have come close, but "HAVE NOT BEEN ON THE GUEST LIST" to the Big One !!!

I want to "Dine at the TOP TABLE" hopefully more than once & not before too long !!!
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:13pm

As I've said before, the Ospreys are a coach away from being one of the best teams in Britain.

Marketing wise they are about two seasons ahead of us. This area makes money enough to keep them chugging along.
Yes, many times.

And you keep on hammering it.

We know!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

The Ospreys are a coach away from being one of the best teams in Britain.

Marketing wise they are about two seasons ahead of us. This area makes money enough to keep them chugging along.
Yes, many times.

We know!

A lot of people keep hammering a lot of things.

I've edited my post just for you. Big%20smile
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by FURBALL FURBALL wrote:

I personally don't know that Regan has signed for the o's but neither do you so to say that no one would sign this far in advance is wrong because as far as we know maybe players have had some  agreements with prospective clubs in the past.

Well, he clearly hasn't signed for the Os as that would not be legal. I also think that a player needs to be within 6 months of his contract ending for a 'pre contract agreement' to be signed with another pro club.

Plus the Os don't know what their situation will be like in 18 months time - new coach, new players etc, so I severely doubt they would offer certain employment to any player this far in advance. I doubt any club ever has.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:19pm

The Ospreys are a coach away from being one of the best teams in Britain.

Yes, many times.

We know!

A lot of people keep hammering a lot of things.

They do. But they tend to be about our own club in the main!
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:21pm

Be honest, which squad would you prefer? If anyone says ours I'd be interested to hear why.

Zzzzz.

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

It speaks volumes that every Reds supporter i've spoken to would rather play euro games in the Liberty than the Pemberton stadium.

Does it really!

It's probably because the Reds' hardcore tend to have an unbelievable chip on their shoulder about the Scarlets. Always have had. Always will. Pure jealousy.
annies boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annies boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:30pm

how many reds suporters were up in the timeshare the last time they were in europe. 

the dream will come true
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by annies boy annies boy wrote:

how many reds suporters were up in the timeshare the last time they were in europe. 

They've only got about 150 fans anyway, haven't they?

Nevermind the Liberty, my back garden could almost accommodate them. And I haven't even got a back garden.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:36pm

Zzzzz.

I take it one side of your bed is feeling neglected today.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:37pm
Good bit of bait throwing Mike, i'll give you credit on that old chapWink
In a roundabout way, I was just trying to illustrate an example of the attitude of the local populace (imo) re:the business practice/reputation of the business, people distrust the Scarlets having had negative experiences of them via the business sector as well as disenchanted supporters. The Reds example is prob a good one anyway as i'd rather have 3000 odd for a game in the new place featuring another local side, than they go up the road and the Jacks benefit from bar takings/tv exposure/rent etc. There's still deep mistrust etc towards the club, and a fairly large local supporter base that has to be won back from scratch, which they will have no hope of doing unless they publicly shed their obvious "baggage" and be more open to the masses. Probably a harder task than the ashtrays had. 
Yes Mike, the Reds have always been jealous, no doubt about it! Personally i'd rather they get funding (in the pipeline) to develop Stebo into the required minimal 3000 seating, a town with two good sporting facilities would only be a good thing imo and give the "sporting floaters" two really good options/alternatives. Pemberton can host Wales under 21 (poss "A" games) etc and Stebo could host under 21 football internationals.
I still can't see the feasibility of Pemberton hosting RFC games though, given the current attendance level.

Edited by no.6 - 10 January 2008 at 1:24pm
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 12:41pm

Zzzzz.

I take it one side of your bed is feeling neglected today.

Not at all. I just can't believe how many posts you make bigging up the Ospreys and comparing them favourably to us on and off the field. Most sensible people are fully aware they have a better squad and are in much better shape off the field. No need to keep hammering it. "Does anyone seriously think our squad is better than them?", "Look at their sponsors, much better than ours!", "They're a coach away from being one of the best in Europe", "They're at least two years ahead of us on and off the field" ad nauseum.

We know mun.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 1:29pm
Where are we standing on big money backers, it seems to have gone very quiet on the'uncle Tim ' front....as he developed cold feet ???
GA PLUM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA PLUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 5:48pm
Jarr loves the ospreys dont you know that...

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 12:33am
I luves 'em
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic