Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stadium Tours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stadium Tours
    Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:28pm
Been down the stadium this morning - tour was cancelled while we were all waiting to get the hard hats etc - the guy who usually does the tours was taken ill this morning - really dissapointed that the scarlets or scotts had no plan b - got taken into the stadium under the east stand and was able to take a quick look around - they were mowing the pitch today - looks v good

Be an idea for people booked on the thursday and saturday tours this week to contact the club to see if they are still going ahead
dewch
Sponsored Links

jonathan2835 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathan2835 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Turk35 Turk35 wrote:

Been down the stadium this morning - tour was cancelled while we were all waiting to get the hard hats etc - the guy who usually does the tours was taken ill this morning - really dissapointed that the scarlets or scotts had no plan b - got taken into the stadium under the east stand and was able to take a quick look around - they were mowing the pitch today - looks v good

Be an idea for people booked on the thursday and saturday tours this week to contact the club to see if they are still going ahead

I was at the tour this morning as well - really annoyed Angry

Was told that the guy that does the tour was taken to hospital on Sunday night, so begs the questions why I wasn't phoned until I was actually standing outside the new ground!!

Find it hard to believe that there is nobody else, except this 1 guy, that is available to take a very miffed 8 people on a tour Angry

Very disappointed at the Scarlets lack of a contingency plan, when will they realise that customer service is a skill you have to maintain ALL OF THE TIME!

On the plus side we were able to pop into the ground to have a look at the pitch for 10mins ! The pitch is looking very cool!! Thank you to the new standium manager for taking us in to look at the pitch, delaying a meeting, to satisfy a very annoyed group of people.
turkishdave2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishdave2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 2:18pm
i phoned earlier to arrange a tour,and was told there may not be any more,i was told to phone back next week or the week after to see
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 2:48pm
Hope the guy isn't seriously ill.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by BBledd BBledd wrote:

Hope the guy isn't seriously ill.

me too, he's a really nice bloke
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by jonathan2835 jonathan2835 wrote:

Was told that the guy that does the tour was taken to hospital on Sunday night, so begs the questions why I wasn't phoned until I was actually standing outside the new ground!!

Find it hard to believe that there is nobody else, except this 1 guy, that is available to take a very miffed 8 people on a tour Angry

Very disappointed at the Scarlets lack of a contingency plan, when will they realise that customer service is a skill you have to maintain ALL OF THE TIME!

On the plus side we were able to pop into the ground to have a look at the pitch for 10mins ! The pitch is looking very cool!! Thank you to the new standium manager for taking us in to look at the pitch, delaying a meeting, to satisfy a very annoyed group of people.

It's always galling when some selfish so and so becomes ill and goes into hospital when there are 8 people ready to take a tour around a sports stadium. I wonder what they do when he had his day off?
Let's hope he's not to seriously ill and he can come back as soon as possible to show you around the satdium!! You must be so angry and disaapointed, maybe the club will give you a discount of a season ticket.

I reckon it's all SG's fault.
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:09pm
maybe if you go to the hospital, you could wheel him around the stadium and he'll do the tour then. see. lazy git that he is
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 4:52pm
Why oh why oh why can't the SG only employ people who are immune to all known illness and indestructable? Scarlets are a shambles.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Sam Cheese Sam Cheese wrote:

Why oh why oh why can't the SG only employ people who are immune to all known illness and indestructable? Scarlets are a shambles.

It's just another example of how poor our business plan is!!
turkishdelight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishdelight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 5:33pm

Hope he's not too bad. Top bloke. Gave us an entertaining tour about a month back

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 5:46pm
Agree with the comments above about the project manager, get well soon!!!

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

jonathan2835 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonathan2835 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 5:50pm

It's always galling when some selfish so and so becomes ill and goes into hospital when there are 8 people ready to take a tour around a sports stadium. I wonder what they do when he had his day off?
Let's hope he's not to seriously ill and he can come back as soon as possible to show you around the satdium!! You must be so angry and disaapointed, maybe the club will give you a discount of a season ticket.

Did I actually say that he was selfish because he was ill!! Is that what I typed - I DON'T THINK SO.....

Having been on one tour very early on into the build I did meet the gentleman who does the tours and agree he is a really good guy; and funny with it!  If I made out I was blaming him then I apologise to those who misunderstood me.  Even the ones who resort to sarcasm!  I know these things are unavoidable!

The point I was making is that the club would have known on Monday that the lieklyhood of the tour was not going to happen but people only got a phone call to tell them when we were standing outside the ground this morning. That's why people were annoyed.  One gentleman even travelled down from London for the tour.

Don't be so quick to judge me!! Angry
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 8:18pm

Did I actually say that he was selfish because he was ill!! Is that what I typed - I DON'T THINK SO.....

Having been on one tour very early on into the build I did meet the gentleman who does the tours and agree he is a really good guy; and funny with it!  If I made out I was blaming him then I apologise to those who misunderstood me.  Even the ones who resort to sarcasm!  I know these things are unavoidable!

The point I was making is that the club would have known on Monday that the lieklyhood of the tour was not going to happen but people only got a phone call to tell them when we were standing outside the ground this morning. That's why people were annoyed.  One gentleman even travelled down from London for the tour.

Don't be so quick to judge me!! Angry

Sorry about that jonathon, it was too easy to take the pi$$ out of that one, it was only a bit of leg pulling. Sorry if I offended you.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2008 at 8:35pm
seriously tho, i hope he gets well soon, are the club getting someone to fill in in the mean time? i`m booked for the 12th of aug.

steveiboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveiboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2008 at 1:25am
Fyi, the tour guy had a triple bypass today, but S.G said hes fine & the tours will start again wednesday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic