Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jon bryant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jon bryant
    Posted: 15 December 2004 at 8:50am
why didn't we sign jon bryant ?, we're desperate for a No. 12.
Sponsored Links

Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 8:52am
Couldn't agree more. The Blues have snapped him up, and he's exactly the player we need. Maybe not a great long term option, but would've filled a hole for a while. Maybe if he'd been a Kiwi, things might have been different
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 10:01am
Absolutely amazing isn't it. As stated above if he was a foreigner we might have got him. Maybe we spend to much time looking outside Wales and not enough time looking closer to home. 
connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Alan Alan wrote:

Absolutely amazing isn't it. As stated above if he was a foreigner we might have got him. Maybe we spend to much time looking outside Wales and not enough time looking closer to home. 
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 11:28pm
Could it be down to wages, ie cardiff willing to pay ALL of JBs wages whilst on the Blues' books, and who knows, maybe we had enquired about his availability, but the Dragons response was a negative one (on a personal note, I don't rate him, but hey!!).
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 11:40pm
 HE'S a stronge player,can hold his own in a tackle.
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 12:04am
after our last deal from the dragons best we dont go there again
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Johnny Bach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 1:02am

Originally posted by mark john mark john wrote:

why didn't we sign jon bryant ?, we're desperate for a No. 12.

Totally right!!!

Inner Turksville.
Scarlet Boy View Drop Down
Bloody Metatarsals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 1:23am

Originally posted by Pedro Diniz Pedro Diniz wrote:

Could it be down to wages, ie cardiff willing to pay ALL of JBs wages whilst on the Blues' books, and who knows, maybe we had enquired about his availability, but the Dragons response was a negative one (on a personal note, I don't rate him, but hey!!).

I don't think many people rated Watkins before he arrived, but he had potential.  It's what us Scarlets do best, see the potential and have the experience to turn that potential into a consistently excellent player.  I do believe that Bryant had that potential, but never mind.  We'll have to wait a little longer.

Top points scorer - ScarletFever RFC
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 7:58am
onwards and upwards!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Boy Scarlet Boy wrote:

It's what us Scarlets do best, see the potential and have the experience to turn that potential into a consistently excellent player.

Let me run some of these past you...Alex Lawson, Alex Bennett, Mike Bucks, Johnny Tonga. Personally, NOT signing Bryant was a good move, number 12 or no. Last time we had a chubby (being polite) number 12, he drank himself twp, and decided to go to Australia on a jolly up. And I'm with Bins on this one, he can't oust Tuipolotu or Brew out of the Dragons side, can you see him pushing for a starting berth in our side, no matter how lacking we are at 12?
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
Delboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 1:51pm

Originally posted by Pedro Diniz Pedro Diniz wrote:

Originally posted by Scarlet Boy Scarlet Boy wrote:

It's what us Scarlets do best, see the potential and have the experience to turn that potential into a consistently excellent player.

Let me run some of these past you...Alex Lawson, Alex Bennett, Mike Bucks, Johnny Tonga. Personally, NOT signing Bryant was a good move, number 12 or no. Last time we had a chubby (being polite) number 12, he drank himself twp, and decided to go to Australia on a jolly up. And I'm with Bins on this one, he can't oust Tuipolotu or Brew out of the Dragons side, can you see him pushing for a starting berth in our side, no matter how lacking we are at 12?

I agree, he's not the type of player we need.  He's not a good handler and he looks like a beer barrel

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 2:27pm
Isn't Bryant a bit too much like Finau - big and strong, hands a bit dubious?

Salesi did the job for us a week or two ago - he is useful so long as he doesn't drop the ball!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 3:41pm
When Aaron Mauger signs in the summer we will all be a lot happier

Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 4:20pm

Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Hold on there MD.What's this all about. Do you know something we obviously don't. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Alan Alan wrote:

Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Hold on there MD.What's this all about. Do you know something we obviously don't. 

The laughing face is supposed to indicate the irony! I know nothing!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic