Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

dave hodges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dave hodges
    Posted: 15 December 2004 at 9:39am
Dave has had several stitches, and has a very impressive black eye. He will not be available for selection for Friday's game against The Borders. He may be available for the Ospreys (depends how quickly his eye & face recover from the injury) but he's more likely to be fit in time for selection against the Dragons on New Years Day.

Get Well Soon Dave.
Sponsored Links

connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 10:10am
 i thought tha head gear was to protect you,but what if he never had it what state would the both of them be in then.
Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 2:08pm

Originally posted by connor boy connor boy wrote:

i thought tha head gear was to protect you,but what if he never had it what state would the both of them be in then.

Head gear doesnt protect the face. 

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 2:22pm
hell of a bang mind,both only looking at the ball to.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 2:37pm
I heard the clout from tafkatlb

Edited by Pan handle
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 3:30pm
 you soon has they hit the ground it was'nt going to look pretty
Keith Bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:06pm
Anybody heard how the Glasgow guy is?
Dim ond ffwl sydd yn gofyn
Pam fod eira yn wyn
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by Keith Bach Keith Bach wrote:

Anybody heard how the Glasgow guy is?

Kenny Logan stitches and concusion,

fluffy duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluffy duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:11pm

In response to the gentlemans query re. Kenny Logan.

Logan knocked cold as Glasgow are frozen out

Llanelli 38 - 22 Glasgow

Gareth Roberts at Stradey Park
Monday December 13, 2004
The Guardian

Llanelli's second victory in a week over Glasgow was overshadowed yesterday by a collision between Kenny Logan and Dave Hodges that left the former Scotland wing unconscious.

Logan was taken to hospital where he underwent seven separate brain scans before being discharged. "I'm so lucky, because it could have killed me," he said last night. "I must have been out for the count for a few minutes and I can't remember a thing about my collision.

"I just recall lying on the special spinal board in the ambulance and realising how lucky I was to be able to feel my fingers and toes. In the circumstances, I suppose I am hugely lucky to come away from something like that only needing a few stitches."

Llanelli, meanwhile, can still make progress in Pool Three although they face a trip to Toulouse next month. They hope to welcome back Scott Quinnell and the Ireland flanker Simon Easterby in the coming weeks, having already seen the Lions hooker Robin McBryde return for this match. In coming off the bench following his recovery from a career-threatening neck injury McBryde was joined by fellow Wales prop Iestyn Thomas.

Their arrival came as Gareth Bowen slotted second-half penalties to regain the impetus for Llanelli, who went on to score the tries required for the bonus point. McBryde's presence was notable in several of the moves that highlighted the positive aspects of the Welsh side's performance as the game wore on.

The Scarlets opened with a terrific try by the wing Aisea Havili after 10 minutes, to which his opposite number Gareth MacLure replied nine minutes later after Bowen had been sin-binned for pulling back a Glasgow attacker.

Llanelli's right-wing Tal Selley followed up with a try of his own, converted in Bowen's absence by the centre Matthew Watkins. But after 38 minutes Selley was himself sin-binned for a deliberate knock-on, an indiscretion that Calvin Howarth punished with a successful penalty.

Two minutes after the break the Scarlets found themselves on the back foot when Sean Lamont burst away to score a try converted by Howarth. The ball had spilled into MacLure's path after the collision between Logan and Hodges.

Like Logan, Scottish rugby has a headache after their governing body's meeting yesterday, during which a proposal was made to cut funding to their professional teams by 28%.

Borders are the favourites to go out of business, but Glasgow would not necessarily escape. Their coach Hugh Campbell said: "Yes, there are worries over people's jobs in Scottish rugby, but I'd like to think that is not the reason we lost this game."

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2004 at 5:52pm
get well soon dave!Ouch
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 10:29am
western mail states Dave needed both micro and plastic surgery on an eye gash.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 11:43am
i read somewhere that kenny was in alot more pain than dave, and he thought he was going to die, or something like that.
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 12:29pm

It's not a contact sport anymore, it's a collision sport.

Best wishes to both injured parties.

pwllendprincess View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwllendprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 11:00pm
i dont like kenny logan. i served Dai Hodges the other day, wohoo
PwllEnd Princess (P.E.P) xxxx
jonescnnr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonescnnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2004 at 11:26am
cant exactly have improved his looks then
jonesy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic