Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

temporary signings??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westwalesdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 1:13pm

We miss Dwayne a hell of a lot imo. Roberts has shown plenty of guts and has alot of potential but Dwayne is an experienced guy with a great ability for reading the game. We miss that.

As far as temporary signings go, we surely need a tighthead, if Manu were to get injured it would mean Phil John is our first choice TH.

This summers recruitment is important for the next few seasons as well as Nige's job. A good recruitment campaign would see him get longer, possibly he could do something with them. We have a weak squad and it's ripped our season apart.
WestWalesDragon

Sponsored Links

J.D. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 1:22pm
Dont agree that FB isnt a priority - we really need a player with a good kicking game and who isn't a revolving door in defence
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:16pm
Quotes regarding Meuws being injured releasing a space for an NWQ player are utterly ridiculous.

Meews is registered & injured .... you can't de-register a player due to injury ! You can bring a player in on permit, but the Squad must still be kept within the bounds of the Regional Charter.
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:21pm
you didn't want stevo back then llandre?
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 3:51pm

We have to priortise Ladram in my opinion were not going to be able to get rid of the whole squad and replace them all. I personally think that Daniel Evans and Stopddart are improving and are good enough as Full Backs. I think that Martin Roberts is improving.

Generally i dont think we should go back and if a top quality outside half a la O'Gara Wilkinson spencer had been available athe time then no i dont think Stephen should have been brought back.

However we do not live in an ideal world and Stephen has deffnitely made a difference on his return.

I just dont think generally that bringing back ex players is a good thing.

We need fresh blood bois bach a new generation of  players
LlandaffScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LlandaffScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:01pm
I agree that getting Peel back isn't a priority. I think Roberts looks good. He is sharp and his service is excellent.
However, i don't think Stodds is a good enough FB. He is a liability and a one trick pony. Teams know that he can't kick effectively back at them so they put it down his throat and then target him. IMO he would be a good winger. I would welcome a solid kicking FB like Barry with open arms.
The proirities are in the second row. We also need 7. I think Cudd is the future there but he is young and should not be thrown in over christmas in a struggling side.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:02pm
agree mostly but in cases such as scotty and steve exceptions have to be made,with regards to dan evans i've been saying all year he should be given a chance he has a big boot ,good goal kicker and very pacy unfortunately he got injured and is out until the new year,the trouble with G J and N D we have promising players who are 25 yrs old and waiting for a chance to prove themselves like jon edwards,dan evs was the reason halfpenny moved to the wing for wales under 20
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2008 at 4:11pm
Exactly if Nigel doesnt pick JE Saturday he needs to see somebody
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 8:07am
Originally posted by LlandaffScarlet LlandaffScarlet wrote:

I agree that getting Peel back isn't a priority. I think Roberts looks good. He is sharp and his service is excellent.
However, i don't think Stodds is a good enough FB. He is a liability and a one trick pony. Teams know that he can't kick effectively back at them so they put it down his throat and then target him. IMO he would be a good winger. I would welcome a solid kicking FB like Barry with open arms.
The proirities are in the second row. We also need 7. I think Cudd is the future there but he is young and should not be thrown in over christmas in a struggling side.

When do you suggest he gets a chance then?

As much as i want to see Edwards getting a chance, I would be just as happy to see Cudd playing.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

As much as i want to see Edwards getting a chance, I would be just as happy to see Cudd playing.

Cudd would be up against Snowdon-Taylor and considering some of the 7's in the Magners that's not too difficult an opposition 7, I'd drop Daf at the moment and play an out and out 7, especially if Maling and Reed are back.
Sgarleteyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgarleteyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Dwayne will cost us a few bob better to go for a real nasty second row in my opinion.

I really like Ian Dowling the Munster winger very underareted plays with a lot of guts etc.

We can surely speak to Simon E and ask about some Irish boys they might not cost the earth  but would play with a bit of passion at least.

Leaving Liam Davies go and signing Martens really baffles me.

A local boy leaves to be replaced by a journey man has been

Same here i'm lost with that letting home grown go

I just hope that we don't let other young fringe Scarlets go!! More we blood them the more they'll come on

Phil John - Man Of Steel

Jonathan Davies Lion in the Making
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2008 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Cudd would be up against Snowdon-Taylor and considering some of the 7's in the Magners that's not too difficult an opposition 7, I'd drop Daf at the moment and play an out and out 7, especially if Maling and Reed are back.

I haven't seen Cudd, But I'd be happy to see Jon Edwards have a game. Not sure if Daf deserves to be dropped, though - Easters has not been effective of late - maybe he should step down to the bench. Our results don't say a lot for his captaincy, either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic