Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > BAZ LEWIS' SCARLET FEVER GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Car Park Manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrumpTowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Park Manager
    Posted: 17 March 2009 at 1:13pm
I have been told the Scarlets have a car park manager, something which i took a little bit of disbelief to after hearing the stories on here about peoples problems parking. Not only that but the job is worth £40k+!!

To me this sounds like a waste of money but i'm hoping someone can tell me its not true, however from what I'm told its very true.
If you build it, they will come.
Sponsored Links

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 1:17pm
If true, that is above and beyond the normal price structure. An Area Manager with NCP will be on about 40K but he/she will have overall control of anywhere up to 15sites.
In Pivac we trust
Snedds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snedds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 1:18pm
I've never had a problem parking by the stadium.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 1:34pm
No-one believes this, surely?

Perhaps a Stadium Manager on £40k.

Anyone who seriously entertains the notion that we're paying someone £40k to manage the car park needs to have a lie down.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

No-one believes this, surely?

Perhaps a Stadium Manager on £40k.

Anyone who seriously entertains the notion that we're paying someone £40k to manage the car park needs to have a lie down.

I would like to think that the car parking would come under the remit of The Stadium Manager, but the way they are throwing money around down there, it would not surprise me in the slightest.
In Pivac we trust
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by TrumpTowers TrumpTowers wrote:

i'm hoping someone can tell me its not true, however from what I'm told its very true.

Well let's go with it, then.  It's a way more interesting possibility than, say, the car park manager being on much less than that.  I'm willing to be outraged as well.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Snedds Snedds wrote:

I've never had a problem parking by the stadium.

Maybe the guy is on performance-related pay.  And the car park does look quite full on match days.  He could also be in charge of the pick'n'mix, I guess.
scarletchick View Drop Down
HUA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 3:19pm
When the stadium was first opened the car park was part of the stadium managers responsiblity - don't know though if that's still the case.
What greater thrill could there be than to be told you played the game and led the life that showed some kid the way!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 3:37pm
You guy's are probably never gonna to believe this, but I've heard the same story too, only that Laurence Delaney is the new car park manager!!!ShockedShockedShockedLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Mrfwon - 17 March 2009 at 4:28pm
Scarlets!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

You guy's are probably never gonna to believe this, but I've heard the same story too, only that Laurence delaney in the new car park manager!!!ShockedShockedShockedLOLLOLLOL

Oh well - now it suddenly makes sense.  You'd need that kind of money to sign a quality car park manager.  Does he have a strong car park managing background, though?  I hope this isn't one of those jobs-for-old-scarlets-heroes signings.  The car park manager at Northampton is probably an ex NCP regional manager.
The Admiral View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Admiral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by TrumpTowers TrumpTowers wrote:

I have been told the Scarlets have a car park manager, something which i took a little bit of disbelief to after hearing the stories on here about peoples problems parking. Not only that but the job is worth £40k+!!

To me this sounds like a waste of money but i'm hoping someone can tell me its not true, however from what I'm told its very true.

If this is true no wonder that financially we are in the Shite
Is that land I see on the horizon, it must be Menorca
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 5:13pm
Even with my cynicism, I can't believe someone would be on that money to run a car park! Hypothetically, if it was true then the club and stadium would need to be wound up right now.  Or can I job share for twenty grand?
Outrageous topic, so much so i'm thinking of locking the thing!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 5:42pm
i've heard that hattie louw is on his way back for the cloakroom job.LOL
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 6:44pm

Ive heard it all now

" O mam Fach"
Shwnster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shwnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 7:27pm
I thought that it was a wind up but its on here so it must be true. 'LD' Official car park's manager on £45k.
Ir Eithaf Dros
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2009 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

I would like to think that the car parking would come under the remit of The Stadium Manager, but the way they are throwing money around down there, it would not surprise me in the slightest.

Not the jobs that I've seen advertised they aren't, the wages I saw for jobs in the summer were reflective of their roles and for the part of the country the jobs are in.

Obviously if its an ex-Scarlet though they'd rack up the wages, look after the old boys and all that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic