Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phil Waugh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Sorry guys but i hear he's not coming.

I would have been amazed, myself.

I just hope we can do the Braid deal.
Sponsored Links

McQ View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Waugh will come here. That's a fact. It's just down to money.

You mean he would come here, in principle, if we paid his asking price.

I should imagine he would go most places, if he was paid his asking price.

When I say he is out of our league at the moment I only mean that  financially, nothing more.

I don't anticipate he will be coming here.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by McQ McQ wrote:

Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Waugh will come here. That's a fact. It's just down to money.

You mean he would come here, in principle, if we paid his asking price.

I should imagine he would go most places, if he was paid his asking price.

When I say he is out of our league at the moment I only mean that  financially, nothing more.

I don't anticipate he will be coming here.

Clap Cry LOL Star
DIXX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
WHAT A KIP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 2:47pm
if he doesnt come, then maybe we can sneak in for george smith who is also thinking of leaving australia for europe. or even tuiquiri. being linked with waugh, having stories in australian newspapers stating he is a scarlet has been great and really got us excited. some say deal is off, downunder still say he's a scarlet next season. i guess its wait and see. REALLY hope he comes. we need a big name or 2.
Parc y Scarlets - Where the Wild Roses Grow so Scarlet and Free
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 2:55pm
The Scarlets being named in the hunt for a player like Waugh can only be a good thing. Exposure might make other players sit up and take note.

But we have to sign a big name. Just think if we signed Waugh and/ or Tuiquiri. It could add 2 or 3k to the averahe crowd. Dreaming again though.
DIXX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
WHAT A KIP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 3:02pm
a player like waugh!!? how about the rising star flanker, jo pocock of western force. i think hes 21. he'd be awesome.
but we have been linked with braid, id be happy with that. playing at 7 for NZ instead of richie mccaw shows he has something. mccaw has put a clause in his contract like carter did!!! now that would be something!!but thats also dreaming! tuiquiri would be immense, if waugh/braid/masoe/pocock and tuiquiri come it would be beyond great!
Parc y Scarlets - Where the Wild Roses Grow so Scarlet and Free
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 4:06pm
If he does come or not , its important that he really wants to play for the region 100% also that he fits into the grand scheme of things
We have had big overseas names before who did not give us anything
Maybe someone can find out from Dai Llewod
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by DIXX DIXX wrote:

a player like waugh!!? how about the rising star flanker, jo pocock of western force. i think hes 21. he'd be awesome.
but we have been linked with braid, id be happy with that. playing at 7 for NZ instead of richie mccaw shows he has something. mccaw has put a clause in his contract like carter did!!! now that would be something!!but thats also dreaming! tuiquiri would be immense, if waugh/braid/masoe/pocock and tuiquiri come it would be beyond great!

I thought Masoe had already signed (can't remember for whom, mind).

In the end it was going to come down to money, wasn't it? But crossfingers, provided we can pay near or as much as any other team is supposedly offering (and that's the BIG IF), we've got a great chance of signing him. And there may not be many teams out for him. English teams got their salary cap and budget issues, neither Blues nor Ospreys are obviously interested, nor Munster... who knows about the french, but I think even Toulon has to stop somewhereConfused.

So it may be a matter of whether he wants to move to Europe or not. I think I read something about the ARU wanting to trim down the money they pay to their players, wich means Waugh probably is facing a cut in his salary if he stays there and his contract expires. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 11:23pm
Did anyone see the super 14 programme where he said he had been in talks with us?
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 11:41pm
His friend already plays for us at no.8
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 11:53pm

They would be a force to be reckoned with. Man I would love to see them both in Scarlet, laying waste to the Ospreys.

Never say never I guess
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 8:24am
Masoe went to Castres in the French Top 14 in November and has started every game for them (bar two) since.
Waugh is still saying he hasn't signed for the Scarlets but has been in contact with 'a number' of clubs. He hasn't yet said, as far as I'm aware, that he's not interested in a move. 
Waugh or Braid?  I'd be delighted with either TBCH.
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:04pm
It says that the Braid deal has stalled
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:25pm
What does
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
TheMightyCD View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:32pm
Some article in the Braid thread.
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 4:05pm
No it was in the carmarthenshire web site, amongst other things
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic