Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brive Season Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 9:20pm
Lets start 'Bigging' ourselves up ,im sure there are a few Brive supporrters looking at the magners...and thinking..Mon Dieu , i vish ve had the Ospreys in our group, these scarlets are to god......Iv hope we can piss their tast..non, non, non cordon bleu'
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 11:29pm
I remember us getting cocky before playing Harlequins............
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2009 at 11:50pm

in fairness the form book was pointing to us being 19-3 up. but wasn`t really showing our total breakdown in the second half.

those lessons will have to be learned against brive. come out the same as we did iagainst quins last year. but don`t switch off 2nd half.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 10:13am
smellymike,your french is like uncle alberts german.vot is your name.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 9:52am
 Brive 12 - 15 Biarritz.
First home defeat for Brive this season.

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2009 at 10:05am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Brive 12 - 15 Biarritz.
First home defeat for Brive this season.

They will have another when they come down to town,,
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 11:00am
Brive have signed Nicolas Jean-Jean  French International UB, presumably to replace the injured Riki Flutey. Jean-Jean had been on trial at Leicester.  L'Equipe also reporting that James Hook is interesting several French Top 14 clubs.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 9:02am
Last night's game:

Brive 11 - 9 Castres
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 9:32am
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Brive have signed Nicolas Jean-Jean  French International UB, presumably to replace the injured Riki Flutey. Jean-Jean had been on trial at Leicester.  L'Equipe also reporting that James Hook is interesting several French Top 14 clubs.

missed the cut off date for HC qualification
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 9:31am
Darn.

The referee for the Brive game is Dave Pearson Censored
Gene-Stealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gene-Stealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 12:26pm

You can add one more though.

"Have you ever met the Genestealer?"
"Met him! He still owes me rent!"
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 12:43pm
My plan for beating Brive:

1st Half- play like we did against Leinster 1st half

2nd Half- play like we did against Blues 2nd Half

Simples
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 6:30pm
I think we just need to rip into Brive from the off, like we did against Munster. Get Daf on Pophams' case, and get the crowd singing as loud as possible. The French don't like the atmos at Welsh grounds so we've got to get at them from the time they take the pitch.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 8:24pm
With Fatty Goode at 10 they will play a good territorial game, but with him and their backs I see nothing for us to fear there. Forwards just give us parity again.
A concern I have is that Perry at SH is going to be far too street wise and aggressive for Roberts to cope with.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Turkish Fez Turkish Fez wrote:

With Fatty Goode at 10 they will play a good territorial game, but with him and their backs I see nothing for us to fear there. Forwards just give us parity again.
A concern I have is that Perry at SH is going to be far too street wise and aggressive for Roberts to cope with.

I'd give Martyn the chance in the first half, but if he is struggling I'm sure Tavis would fancy the physical side of the game!!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 9:44pm
 Brive got stuffed tonight in Paris.
 Stade Francais 44 - 16 Brive.

If we can't beat them next Saturday......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic