Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oh dear! Here we go again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 12:16pm
I have said before there is a tight ship at the Scarlets, this isnt a leaking Titanic syndrome, this is a Polaris submarine, air tight water tight and press intrusion tight.

Paul knows how to be a main man at a Stadium, this is not carpet bully boy tactics, but Management knowledge and experience coupled with balls. The only news we will prise out of the Parc will be released by the official Scarlet website, which is how it should be.

Paul Sarg' is one of the key elements is returning and building the Scarlets rightful position in World Rugby, he is worth every penny and he and the Management at the Parc have my full support.

Other's may want him and tempt him, but at present he is 100% commited to us with a passion he has for sport, he is a great guy and he loves us people.Clap
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

scarlets_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlets_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 12:20pm
Well done Paul
twitter.com/scarlets84
www.wefollow.com
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

i thought there was a bit of a slight against the forum tim but i was so chuffed they'd moved quickly to quell the nonsense i chose to forget about it,with regards to the parc not being watertight don't forget that the W M knew about phil's departure before he did,

The statement makes it clear that misinformation from any source can be divisive and unsettling.
Hopefully the club will no longer waste anymore time responding to rubbish. They have enough to do and paid too well to spend a minute reacting to nonsensical media or forum speculation. Unless it comes the club officially it shouldn't be believed or treated credibly(who am I kidding). It's an excellent statement that hopefully will never have to be repeated.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 1:06pm

Under the current regime, can we now safely say it's a case of "if it's not on the Scarlets website, it's not happening!"?

Personally I see nothing wrong with a forum discussing possible signings/players availability etc, but I would advise that comments like "signing top class players" etc be kept off the official channels, they themselves lead to rumour and inevitable disappointment.
Trix View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:19pm
What a prat.... His reaction on Twitter...
http://twitter.com/delmeparfitt

Leicester interest in Stephen Jones predictably knocked down by Scarlets this am. Let them. I know the story is 100 per cent solid.

The future is bright, the future is Scarlet!

www.cambriansafaris.co.uk <--- Please Click :)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:23pm
Leave the news on Leicester's signing.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by Trix Trix wrote:

Leicester interest in Stephen Jones predictably knocked down by Scarlets this am. Let them. I know the story is 100 per cent solid.

What an absolute c*ck!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

brookesford View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookesford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:30pm
Yep he firmly believes this is a true story. He said we can't afford to keep him. I can't get more reliable than that, from the horses mouth.
Do you think Martyn Madden would marry me?
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Trix Trix wrote:

Bless him, he looks like it says on the chin, gormless.

Trix View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:32pm
Indeed... What a prat...Angry

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:39pm
Trix, nice message back to him!! Don't think he'll back down though!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
McQ View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Delme Parfitt Delme Parfitt wrote:

We stand by the story 100 per cent, regardless of a somewhat predictable denial from the Scarlets. Despite the views of people who appear on this board under pseudonyms with little to offer other than nasty abuse of a) the newspaper and b) the journalist, a report such as this would not be printed unless it had been checked with an impeccable source first. It is the nature of the profession that direct quotes from official sources cannot always feature in stories, particularly when breaking sensitive news such as this. If anyone wants to talk directly to me about this, I can be contacted at the Media Wales offices on 02920 243707.

His responce to the comments on the Western Fail website.

Anyone fancy phoning him?
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by McQ McQ wrote:

We stand by the story 100 per cent, regardless of a somewhat predictable denial from the Scarlets. Despite the views of people who appear on this board under pseudonyms with little to offer other than nasty abuse of a) the newspaper and b) the journalist, a report such as this would not be printed unless it had been checked with an impeccable source first. It is the nature of the profession that direct quotes from official sources cannot always feature in stories, particularly when breaking sensitive news such as this. If anyone wants to talk directly to me about this, I can be contacted at the Media Wales offices on 02920 243707.

Just did, answering machine, must be at his extended Ploughmans lunch with beer, i will try later.

Trix View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Trix, nice message back to him!! Don't think he'll back down though!!

How can he call himself a journalist!

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:50pm

There is no wonder they get abuse directed at them when we have to put up with their constant bull**it running us down.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by McQ McQ wrote:

So on that premise, every story printed in the Western mail regarding stories like this are 100% true and have been in the past? If I'm not mistaken there's been a few Billy bullshit stories. Didn't they report last season Stephen would be playing for a different club this season?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic