Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

team v toulon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelak83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:35am
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

on another topic on this forum ,some frog toulon supporter has suggested that toulon might be tempted to rest quite a few of their stars.don't know if there's a bit of kidology there or what mind.apparently they have a bigger game the following week against perpignan.

It's trueOuch
We'll play without Emmanuelli, Bruno, Kubri, Skeate, Van Niekerk, El Abd, Fernandes LobbeCry, Contepomi or Mignoni!!

But wewill always have Wilkinson, Umaga, SB Williams and another young players!!

I think if our scrum is good, we can win this match.

Our big match is against Perpignan,next week on Stade Velodrome in Marseille, to keep the first place of Top 14!!!
Parce que Toulon!! Rouge
Parce que Toulon! Noir
Parce que Toulon! Rouge et noir
Sponsored Links

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:59am
Pelak keep an eye out for to forum members who are biking it down for saturday
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Pelak83 Pelak83 wrote:

Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

on another topic on this forum ,some frog toulon supporter has suggested that toulon might be tempted to rest quite a few of their stars.don't know if there's a bit of kidology there or what mind.apparently they have a bigger game the following week against perpignan.

It's trueOuch
We'll play without Emmanuelli, Bruno, Kubri, Skeate, Van Niekerk, El Abd, Fernandes LobbeCry, Contepomi or Mignoni!!

But wewill always have Wilkinson, Umaga, SB Williams and another young players!!

I think if our scrum is good, we can win this match.

Our big match is against Perpignan,next week on Stade Velodrome in Marseille, to keep the first place of Top 14!!!

Right then! Off to the bookies!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:10pm
Would anyone consider going for a more physical approach? Regan had a below par performance against the Os however he didnt get any of the ball.

Monty in centre with JD and Joe Awuja on the wing?? but then lack of experience may hinder him. some tough decisions to be made. Team is to be announced tomorrow
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Would anyone consider going for a more physical approach? Regan had a below par performance against the Os however he didnt get any of the ball.

Monty in centre with JD and Joe Awuja on the wing?? but then lack of experience may hinder him. some tough decisions to be made. Team is to be announced tomorrow

Are you serious?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:22pm
I can see what he means about Monty, but I'd still go with Regan
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Are you serious?

Okay maybe a step too far with Joe(Maybe a Jack Daniels too much tonight). But physicality is what teams need to beat Toulon, along with huge amounts of passion and belief which we have. Seen a few videos of toulon, i'd say their definetly beatable! They'll be suffering pressure from their fans and the french can turn on their team in an instant. Be physical, turn the fans on them and force the errors.

Just like to add, safe journey to all who are heading into le france. Enjoy Smile
V.O.R View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V.O.R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:32pm
Jon Davies is going to be massive Sat. I think he will do a job. Watching clips of Toulon, their scramble defence is nit great so if Jon can get behind them and back row support we could be good.
Togs a Calon
brookesford View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookesford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Are you serious?

What's wrong with Joe on the wing?
Do you think Martyn Madden would marry me?
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by brookesford brookesford wrote:

What's wrong with Joe on the wing?

He'd be severely out of his depth in Toulon, come on!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookesford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:47pm
And Fenby won't be?? Serious question.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:48pm

And Fenby won't be?? Serious question.

Less so. And he offers a lot more than Joe offensively.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookesford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:51pm
In terms of his pace yes, but not in terms of his physicality. Joe is a strong boy and often it takes 2/3 man to haul him down. Defensively Fenby is awful, and Joe can dump tackle (without being penalized!!! How I'll never know). I think it's a closer contest than others but Fenby will start.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:07pm

In terms of his pace yes, but not in terms of his physicality. Joe is a strong boy and often it takes 2/3 man to haul him down. Defensively Fenby is awful, and Joe can dump tackle (without being penalized!!! How I'll never know). I think it's a closer contest than others but Fenby will start.

How many games has he played this season?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brookesford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:12pm
3 I think. Harlequins, Ulster, Munster.
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:19pm
Damn right he's strong. If i saw him coming at me id get out of the way in a flash LOL
I made the point for discussion, however i do feel it is a bit to early to throw him into the cauldron that awaits in Toulon. 1 or 2 more seasons and we'll see him flying up and down Y Parc week in week out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic