Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets 7s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 10:09pm
Remember muscle carries itself...faat is just an unwantede gueust
Sponsored Links

Dai Cnau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Cnau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

anyone else think it would have been a good free attraction on a saturday afternoon, invited everyone down to watch, invite a few guest teams, and have a season ticket and jersey push the same time?

or am i being silly?

I think your spot on speedy. I'm sure they would have had a tidy crowd. One for the whole family!
Ymlaen y Scarlets
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 10:40pm
My Daughter is always looking for cheap days out for my Grandchildren and to see their Scarlets heroes during the Summer Holidays would really make their day!  Thumbs Up
"YMA O HYD"
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Dai Cnau Dai Cnau wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

anyone else think it would have been a good free attraction on a saturday afternoon, invited everyone down to watch, invite a few guest teams, and have a season ticket and jersey push the same time?

or am i being silly?
I think your spot on speedy. I'm sure they would have had a tidy crowd. One for the whole family!

next year maybe .......
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 12:03pm
Why not a Welsh regions 7s with 4 teams from each region, teams could be drawn at random from different positions ie so you don't have a team of props.  A fiver in for the family, beer tents, meet the players, face painting etc.  What a way to promote regional rugby!
daniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 12:30pm
I watched for a bit, Gareth Davies was awesome!
West is Best
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 12:39pm
can you go into sit in the stand for a training session or do you just watch through the fence?
elmo761 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

can you go into sit in the stand for a training session or do you just watch through the fence?

I just casually walked up to the edge of the track by the small car park and watched on- all players and coaches who passed smiled and said hello nice atmosphere all round!!

Fully agree with the 7s tournament would be a great showpiece to keep interest and money rolling in!!!

WRU look into it or the four regions could do it together!!
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Elmo761
daniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 10:31pm
I was just standing on the track right next to the pith watching
West is Best
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2010 at 1:42pm
Think it's a great idea. Spent yesterday at The Worthing Sevens. Three sections - elite, open and ladies.  Hog roast, music, bars etc followed by an evening barbeque and disco. With five pitches they can probably handle more teams than we could but an afternoon tournament with some evening entertainment would be ideal.  Rosslyn Park do a great job for their end of season sevens for the top clubs plus the likes of  The Army and Loughborough Colls. Moony would know all about that.  Based on clubs in the Scarlets region, with a couple of invitees like The Army and UWIC should make a big dent in the withdrawal symptoms come the end of the summer.        
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 10:29am
Originally posted by pontystars7 pontystars7 wrote:

2nd from the right in the back is Rheon James - centre (Under 18's) from Newcastle Emlyn. 2nd from the left is Trystran Davies - prop from Quins or Athletic? Not sure on the 2nd from right in front row.
Watch out for Rheon coming throught the ranks, very quick and exceptionally strong.

thanks
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 1:41pm
Wales apparently are fielding a sevens team in the middlesex sevens on the 14 at twickenham...Are there any scarlets involved with the welsh setup this year
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 5:24pm
Its a fair question...also 7's making its debut in the Commonwealth Games in October...Wales are in that...usually each region allows (sends/has to divvy up?) 2 or 3 fringe/young squad players to do the 7's circuit...eg Lee Rees from Llandovery last season. \
I wonder if they will put a 'stronger' 7's unit out for the Games...(I wouldn't have thought so, but dafter things have happened in the WRU) Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic