Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Neath RFC match postponed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neath RFC match postponed
    Posted: 18 September 2010 at 7:13am
Quote from the WRU...

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE WELSH RUGBY UNION

Pontypool v Neath - Saturday 18th September 2010

The Welsh Rugby Union hereby notifies Neath RFC and Pontypool RFC that the scheduled fixture to be played at Pontypool Park on Saturday September the 18th has been postponed because of a Club registration issue concerning Neath Rugby Ltd.

The postponement has been sanctioned by the WRU Regulatory Committee after the WRU was informed of a transfer of assets to another company name which is not a member of the WRU.

A team must be fielded by a WRU member club in order for it to be officially sanctioned and therefore subject to a number of WRU protections such as player insurance cover.

The Welsh Rugby Union regrets the necessity of postponing the fixture which has been taken following advice as a result of the breaches of the WRU constitution and membership rules and the associated health and safety concerns

That last paragraph sounds a bit cryptic...money at the root of this one I suspect (isn't it always)...

Edited by Wil Chips - 18 September 2010 at 7:14am
Sponsored Links

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 10:31am
Basically, if the club in it's present form, is not a member of the WRU, none of the Players / Match Officials insurance is valid.

It looks like Neath Rugby Ltd have neglacted to apply to the WRU for membership in the new Company Name .... Technicality I know, but could prove costly to Neath ! Confused
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
pontystars7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontystars7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 3:59pm
Apparently "Neath RFC" as a parent company have gone into Administration, all speculation and rumours.
what was your flash forward?
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 4:29pm
Neath RFC own 50% of the Ospreys, correct? Are those the assets being transferred or is it just Neath RFC player contracts? We could be in for an intersting week or two.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 5:34pm
if it is true and they have gone into administration, then it is nothing more than what they deserve....

Neath RFC must have a massive wage bill and haven't taken into context what the premiership is and that is a development league, the age of their team must be older than that of the scarlets as they have never developed young players really, just bought old stars to win a worthless league....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 5:40pm
I think it is just a technicality with the registeration of the new parent company.
The WRU do mention health and safety concerns though. If this new company have been there since pre-season then players may have been playing un-insured?

PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2010 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

if it is true and they have gone into administration, then it is nothing more than what they deserve....

Neath RFC must have a massive wage bill and haven't taken into context what the premiership is and that is a development league, the age of their team must be older than that of the scarlets as they have never developed young players really, just bought old stars to win a worthless league....

To be fair, the fans of Neath and (far more importantly) Pontypridd take this league pretty seriously. It's all they've got, despite what they've spent they've tried to keep the 'old spirit' alive. Rightly or wrongly, they feel as if they aren't part of the Os... And they're right in a way.

It may be a development league for us - maybe Cardiff and Swansea - but I think Llanelli RFC are the only ones truly using it as one.

... but we can thank Neath for Tavis though!

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2010 at 6:32am
I can see clear water between the O's and Neath these days more than ever, both parties are at it.

Cuddy buying in to Bridgend recently, Neath ground not being used for friendlies, hardly any academy boys for Neath...and so on.

Neath are a genuine rugby club. 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2010 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I can see clear water between the O's and Neath these days more than ever, both parties are at it.

Cuddy buying in to Bridgend recently, Neath ground not being used for friendlies, hardly any academy boys for Neath...and so on.

Neath are a genuine rugby club
Which is more than the Osp will ever be,
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2010 at 5:55pm
Opsreys , Neath ,Swansea...why is it allways reminds me of the titanicCool
tommy1968 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Moffett told me 2 support the Os,so I do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 12:43pm
[/QUOTE]
but I think Llanelli RFC are the only ones truly using it as one.
[/QUOTE]

Hilarious LOL
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by tommy1968 tommy1968 wrote:

[/QUOTE]
but I think Llanelli RFC are the only ones truly using it as one.
[/QUOTE]

Hilarious LOL
[/QUOTE]

Why hilarious?

Genuine question.

Edited by Wil Chips - 22 September 2010 at 1:28pm
tommy1968 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:35pm
Because if you think that Llanelli RFC(Scarlets)are the only one's using it as a development league then you are hilarious.I know Swansea are,Cardiff,Newport,Neath,Aberavon to name but a few are doing exactly that.I am not having a pop here but take the blinkers off.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 1:57pm
OK..pick any team you list then and let's put down the following...(use the match say 22 squad last Saturday)

I't's not a wind up I don't know the exact answers, but when I saw the comment about Llanelli using it as a development team and saw the Tonwar team, it was demonstably true.

-academy member playing last Saturday
-development contract players playing last Saturday
-players developed throught that regions academy system playing last Saturday 

As an aside I noticed that a couple of the best youngsters you have in the O's (Ashley Beck and Kris Phillips) are not in the O's 38 man squad for the HC?
Are they out of favour?
(Beck is absolute class and I can see his turning out for Abaravon last week)

tommy1968 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 3:45pm
There are a few additions/ommissions in our squad that have me baffled tbh, but unfortunately I have no influence.Ain't looked at out HC squad and am shocked at their ommissions,but I believe we have an abundance of talent in their positions.We'll see I suppose???
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by tommy1968 tommy1968 wrote:

Because if you think that Llanelli RFC(Scarlets)are the only one's using it as a development league then you are hilarious.I know Swansea are,Cardiff,Newport,Neath,Aberavon to name but a few are doing exactly that.I am not having a pop here but take the blinkers off.

other teams may have some development players in their team but 18 of the 22 from llanelli's team from saturday are youngsters, academy or on development contracts. 2 are scarlets getting game time, and the remaining 2 are the club captain and vice captain (who's 26)

Dan Evans 14.Liam Williams, 13. Chris Keenan, 12.Scott Williams.11.Justin James 10. Dan Newton 9 Aled Davies.
1 Rhodri Jones, 2 Rhys Lawrence, 3 Simon Gardiner, 4.Adam Powell(C) 5. Gavin Quinnell, 6 Aaron Shingler 7 Nic Cudd 8 Ben Morgan.
Replacements 16.Samson Lee,17.Craig Hawkins,18. Matt Gilbert 19.Duane Eager,20.Gareth Davies, 21.Steve Shingler, 22.Nick Reynolds

how many of the weekends neath team are youngsters, academy or on development contracts ?

15 G.King; 14 C.Morgans, 13 S.Thomas, 12 L.Ford, 11 K.Phillips; 10 G.McCarthy,
9 T.James; 1 A.V.Lott, 2 A.James, 3 R.Davies; 4 E.Evans, 5 P.Sidoli; 6 L.Evans,
8 N.Bonner-Evans, 7 G.Gravell (captain)
Replacements : 16 N.Downs, 17 A.Littlehales, 18 M.Collins, 19 A.Powell
20 A.Whitney, 21 A.Bramwell, 22 J.Thomas

here's the aberavon team from the wknd which states that only 4 of the 22 are on development contracts -

Aberavon Starting XV: Paul Bamsey; Richard Thomas, Ben John*, Ashley Beck*, Ricky Thomas, Jamie Davies, Andrew Jenkins; Neil White, Ricky Guest, James Jones, Gavin Ronan, Ian Moore, Darryl Thomas, Ben Thomas, Sam Williams*.
Replacements: Matthew Jarvis*, David Pritchard, Gareth Harvey, Rowan Jenkins, Aaron Bray, Anthony Edwards, Richard Morris.
* - Ospreys Academy

whats the average age of the teams ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic