Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

jonny ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jonny ban
    Posted: 13 October 2010 at 6:56pm
Jonny f,gets three weeks,for a clumsy tackle .

martyn williams gets 2 weeks,for kneeing somebody in the head,brews gets cleared for a spear tackle,baffled .
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 6:58pm
that will strengthen our bench then.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 6:58pm

Scarlets lock Jonny Fa'amatuainu received a three-week ban for a dangerous tackle on wing Adrien Plantein the 43-34 win over Perpignan.

Fa'amatuainu, who pleaded guilty to the citing complaint, will be free to play again on November 3.

Baffled? I am too...Martin's issue was never less severe than Jonny's... although tbh this ban is probably about right...means he will miss Tigers, Blues and Glasgow. Maybe the LV games will be his chance to put things right.

Edited by Wil Chips - 13 October 2010 at 7:01pm
Kooga View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kooga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:01pm
So.. JF gets three weeks, yet williams  elbows and knee gets two weeks? Unbelievable
y ddraig bwyd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y ddraig bwyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:19pm
I watched the Williams incident and it was malicious !!
HAD respect for Williams but not any more!!
Tito gets away with gouging, Williams with attacking a player's unprotected head!! Common denomenator? Blues?
y ddraig bwyd
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:24pm
Anybody got any clips of the MW incident? Not seen it yet.

By the sound of it howeveer, it seems absolutely ludicrous. I thought, referring to history, Johnny's yellow card would have been enough
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:24pm
why is everyone so upset? yes its injustice. but, we are without jonny, lets be honest thats hardly a loss. martyn williams misses our derby game.

win win.
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:33pm
Not thinking about whether Johnny is a loss, Speedy, but comparatively, justice doesn't seem to have been done. Johnny's tackle - three weeks, Nugget's (allegedly) cowardly, cynical and malicious act - 6 or more!

No wonder dirty play is rife.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:36pm
Disgraceful decisions, just no consistency whatsoever!  Confused
"YMA O HYD"
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:38pm
The citing panel are a joke if Jonny F deserves a longer ban than Martyn Williams!! Clown
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

why is everyone so upset? yes its injustice. but, we are without jonny, lets be honest thats hardly a loss. martyn williams misses our derby game.

win win.

I'd say its win win win. Jonny F is no loss and Williams misses derby but can still play in the AI which means that there is less chance of McCusker and Turnbull being called up. I know it sounds bad but I think we're all hoping that as few of our players as possible are called up for the AI.
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:53pm
Cannot describe how p'd off I am about this

martyn Williams was in a rage elbowing chris Patterson in the head whilst his arms were trapped in the ruck and then dropped a knee onto his face.

I'm not angry about jonnys ban. I'm mad that martyn hasn't had longer. The citing commission is a waste of time. What's the point!?
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:55pm
After the injury to Gavin Quinnell you would think they would come down harder on someone tackling around the head especially if it was as bad as being described.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

win win.

I'd say its win win win. Jonny F is no loss and Williams misses derby but can still play in the AI which means that there is less chance of McCusker and Turnbull being called up. I know it sounds bad but I think we're all hoping that as few of our players as possible are called up for the AI.

You are a right muppet and if you are a fan you should be supporting the players. We need every player available and the 3 week ban is a disgrace. We have to give johnny a chance to settle in.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 7:56pm
A laughable decision by the panel. They've deprived us of a useful player for an offence that was a debatable yellow card. Jonny F hasn't had the best start to his Scarlets career but I think he would've been a good bench option for Sunday. He looked dangerous ball in hand against Connacht and the Ospreys, and could have offered us something different and unconventional off the bench should we be chasing the game.

Something needs to be done about the lack of consistency in the decisions of these panels. They rarely make a decision proportionate to the offence. They've given Martyn Williams 1 week less ban than Jonny F, despite Martyn intentionally dropping his knee on to a prone players head and then putting his bodyweight through that knee. An absolutely shameful decision.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 8:11pm
Tough on Jonny, who hasnt had the best of starts with us. I like the guy and I feel he will make a positive impact before the season's over.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic