Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'black' shirts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

The slightly abraded/casual look is deliberate. A scouring agent take the sheen down and gives the fabric an 'authentic' appearance and handle, and after that the........................WTF am I doing....sorry.

Get a grip mun Wil
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 10:35am
Fell off the cart spectaculalry then.
New_scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New_scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 11:05am
Its great as a supporters shirt but didn't look good on the pitch at all. Bring back the green, loved that kit!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:13pm

The players had red t shirts on with the change shorts and socks for the warm up. Thought this combo worked well, and maybe we should consider it for playing.

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 12:37pm
I bought the Match Day Slim Fit in XXL when I was down for the O's game, and I absolutely love it!!! ClapClapClap Very tight fit, but it feels great on! ClapClapClap

By far the best away shirt/material we have had for years!!! ClapClapClap I was won over by the away green last year, but this season, the away black has stolen the show!!! ClapClapClap

Many people aren't liking the Dyfed Steel logo on the front, but I for one actually like it! It is different, a slight move away from the traditional WRW, and gives the away shirt its own distinctive look.

I have bough the home red jersey year after year after year, I have a wardrobe full of them, so it has been nice this past two seasons to buy the away colours as I have never ever liked our away blue options of past.
With the shirt being black too, it is far more easy to wear casually too, it isn't as much in your face as the red one if you are simply popping down the pub for a beer.

Thumbs up from me!!!! Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Scarlets!!!
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:05pm
Like the black, prefer the green. But, in truth, when we win I don't really care what we wear.

#George
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

I bought the Match Day Slim Fit in XXL when I was down for the O's game, and I absolutely love it!!! ClapClapClap Very tight fit, but it feels great on! ClapClapClap

By far the best away shirt/material we have had for years!!! ClapClapClap I was won over by the away green last year, but this season, the away black has stolen the show!!! ClapClapClap

Many people aren't liking the Dyfed Steel logo on the front, but I for one actually like it! It is different, a slight move away from the traditional WRW, and gives the away shirt its own distinctive look.

I have bough the home red jersey year after year after year, I have a wardrobe full of them, so it has been nice this past two seasons to buy the away colours as I have never ever liked our away blue options of past.
With the shirt being black too, it is far more easy to wear casually too, it isn't as much in your face as the red one if you are simply popping down the pub for a beer.

That's why black and dark colours are such a popular colour.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:08pm
Im wearing my away strip friday...all washed and ironed ....ready to go
Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Coleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 1:38pm
I like the black one, and much prefer it to the green away one. I don't mind the Dyfed Steel logo either - I think it's looks ok.
Wrigley Man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrigley Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Im wearing my away strip friday...all washed and ironed ....ready to go

Nice of you to grace us all with your presence on an away day Mr Smelly, put in for your passs early did you? WinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Hope you bring us some good luck. See you up there me old muckerLOL
Allez Scarlets
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 3:27pm
Don't get me wrong, as a supporters shirt it's great as black is much easier to sell as caual wear than Scarlet but it didn't look too good on the field. I bought a black one so there's proof...
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 3:30pm
I like the black kit, I also like the green one. Nice to have something a little bit different every season imo. I will be getting the black kit for Christmas I hope.

I'm sure that there is a bit of negative psycology over the fact that its the first time we have worn it and we get stuffed??

Edited by multinational - 20 October 2010 at 4:00pm
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 3:55pm
Thats probably it Multi,  the dreaded losing jersey....Big smile

Will hopefully get one of them for christmas though! (babe, if you're reading this)Wink
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by JonWal JonWal wrote:

Thats probably it Multi,  the dreaded losing jersey....Big smile

Will hopefully get one of them for christmas though! (babe, if you're reading this)Wink

There again, we've lost twice wearing the red one ConfusedEmbarrassed
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

That's why black and dark colours are such a popular colour.

Yeah defo! even my mates up here in Basingstoke like the black kit! and I've been asked to get at least one next time I'm down in Llanelli Thumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 4:26pm
When's the Grav range out?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic