Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 10:52pm
So he's already picked his team, and George North is playing!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 11:35pm
brilliant fair play. i got a good feeling about this year. i just sense we are on the verge of something great.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 11:59pm
Yeah, we have some momentum and confidence. For me, Munster away is a season defining game. A heavy defeat as in Leicester and it will be damaging. But with Munster probably short of more players than us, providing we can get the best possible team out, and resting some players now will enable us to do that, I fancy us to get a win out there.

If we can pull it off, then we are really in business.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Yeah, we have some momentum and confidence. For me, Munster away is a season defining game. A heavy defeat as in Leicester and it will be damaging. But with Munster probably short of more players than us, providing we can get the best possible team out, and resting some players now will enable us to do that, I fancy us to get a win out there.

we were robbed of a win out there last season by a blatant trip on fenby. this year the rules suit us even more.

certainly not beyond us as its in musgrave park.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:11am
I feel this is the season we got good again but I think the next 2 or 3 will be when we compete at the top table.  I will be interested to see how many are there on Saturday, 6000+ and I'll be happy 7000 would be great.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:21am
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

I feel this is the season we got good again but I think the next 2 or 3 will be when we compete at the top table.  I will be interested to see how many are there on Saturday, 6000+ and I'll be happy 7000 would be great.

Tough one to call Sol. What tends to happen is that the people who travel, tend to stay local to watch the Wales game at home or in their local clubs or pubs. But if we convince people living in the Llanelli area that the Barn would be a good venue to watch the Wales match especially one you can take your kids to, then we may be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Tim Opolis - 04 November 2010 at 12:22am
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:34am
Sorry to be negative but we are at least 5 years and 6 players away from being able to compete with the likes of tolouse munster leinster  and leicester.

I really think we need to take a reality check here,  less than a month ago we got smashed by 40 points by leicester.

Don't pile too much pressure on nigel and the boys,
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:47am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sorry to be negative but we are at least 5 years and 6 players away from being able to compete with the likes of tolouse munster leinster  and leicester

Blimey - it was only 3 years ago that they were well able to compete with all of those!  If this generation doesn't make an impact within the next 3 years, we may have to wait for the next, and that will be more than 5 years.  This squad will be unrecognisable in 5 years. Only the Ospreys under Lyn Jones (and the Soviet Union) can afford to 5 year plans.  Life is muchtoo short for everyone else.

Edited by Dan the Drover - 04 November 2010 at 12:49am
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 1:10am
RR1972 we are already a good team.  Yeah we lost at Leicester, shit happens, but we have seen some fantastic rugby from our boys this year#.  I can't see us winning the HC this season but it's not impossible.  2 or 3 years from now I think we have as skilful and exciting team as we do now but with experience  no pressure just great days aheadSmile
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 3:41am
Good interview with Nigel. Well done. Gave a clear indication that the like of Lou, Josh, Iestyn, Rhys won't be seen until the Munster game.

Clearly a big North fan too. then again who isn't!
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 4:42am
We are used to saying west is best ....but north is pretty good to......how can people say we ignore the north ,when he's playing Saturday
Bryn A! Wel! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn A! Wel! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 5:20am
I have interpreted Nigel's comments in that interview as showing delight in a plan that seems to be working. I have mentioned before about astute plans in place, and I guess some of his comments backs up the fact that the plan involves making us a sustainable successful franchise. The way he took great pleasure in mentioning the regime in place at training - the reds and greens - which allows development players to get a taste of the training of the main squad. All supporting the philosophy of bringing our own on, which will mean that we will soon put out a team, with strong reserves, which has not cost us an unaffordable fortune - hence the sustainability.
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 5:27am
I to was really impressed with his forward planning .....we have in the past always looked at having 15 quality playerson the pitch ...it then rose to 22.......now Nigel seems intent at getting 44,players ready for match days.its a great plan when you consider the number of injuries 5reams get in a season.......its nice to be leaders not followers for a change
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

we were robbed of a win out there last season by a blatant trip on fenby. this year the rules suit us even more.

certainly not beyond us as its in musgrave park.

Correct, we can go there and do a number on them,Big smile

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 8:26am
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

We are used to saying west is best ....but north is pretty good to......how can people say we ignore the north ,when he's playing Saturday

I'm sorry, can you please speak into my good ear..

Sounds like your saying the North is pretty good.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2010 at 9:52am

A couple of years ago if we'd had the injuries weve had this year we'd have been looking at the team as for last Friday and the possible team for Saturday and thinking Oh my god!

But now, we rest internationals or are without the injured players and the likes of Ben Morgan, Lee Williams, Scott Williams, Nic Reynolds, Aaron Shingler, Rhodri Jones, Nic Cudd, Gareth Davies, Aled Davies, Steve Shingler, Dan Newton come available for selection not to mention George North who hopefully will be back. And instead of going into an anglo welsh game hoping for miracles you go in actually extreemly excited to see these young men play.

I was confident about beating Glasgow, I didnt even look at their team, and I dont care who Leeds have out either. Ive got faith in these lads.

By circumstance or design, probably both, our development of players from within has been a massive success story and clubs accross Brittain will be peering over the fence with envy.

So was I, but most of those you name weren't playing!

It looks to me as if Ben Morgan and George North are definitely top class players in the making. I'm very optimistic about the others, too, but it seems a bit early to be sure about them all, as they haven't had enough opportunity to prove what they can do at Magners level - yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic