Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ashes Coverage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ashes Coverage
    Posted: 16 November 2010 at 11:31pm
Starts NOW.

Australia A versus England. 11.30pm Sky sports 1

Great stuff. England have a real chance for the Ashes if they keep their heads and keep injury free.
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 11:35pm
Hope their cricketers show more pride in the badge than their fellow countrymen did out in Limerick tonight.

Should be a great series, you'd fancy Australia out there though.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Not the way they've been playing. Real downer on Aussie cricket at the moment.

Englands best chance in decades of an overseas Ashes win.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Not the way they've been playing. Real downer on Aussie cricket at the moment.

Englands best chance in decades of an overseas Ashes win.

Yeah, I was just listening to Tony Greig saying how down they were. Very unusual that, they usually sledge England as soon as they get there. Only trouble with the ashes down there is the matches dont start until 11pm. I'tll be ok over Xmas tape it overnight and watch it the next day.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 11:59pm

. Only trouble with the ashes down there is the matches dont start until 11pm. I'tll be ok over Xmas tape it overnight and watch it the next day.

Yup. Annoying. I was out there for the last one. Went to the SCG. 

I'd give anything to be touring out there now.  Ouch
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 12:06am
I'd love to do a Lions Tour out there. Definately the best option out of the 3.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 2:51am
Cricket is one thing I do get good coverage of...4 hrs behind Oz...

Oz bowlers are below international class as an unit IMO and as weak as the last time England won a series there in the 80's (when Merv Hughes lef the line)... 
It's just about a couple of key things for me...all England...
-Can Cook stick with Strauss and provide a platform'
-Which KP will turn up
-Will the Ozzies wind up Broad to the point where he keeps flippin his stack.

Although Ponting and Clark are class and will always score runs, the rest of the top 6 are patchy.

The Oz supporters will not tolerate a first match defeat -- Ponting will be gone. Lot's to play for!

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 8:09am
The Auzzies haven't lost at the gabba for over 20 years, not since England beat them in 89
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:48pm

Yeah im up for that one Tim, dream trip stuff, great mun,ClapClapClap

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Yeah im up for that one Tim, dream trip stuff, great mun,ClapClapClap

Should organise a Scarletfever trip for the Lions in Aus, it would be great mun, back on topic cant wait for The Ashes, could be a few tough days in work on the horizon
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 1:27am
My money its still on the team from down under.... They have a much stronger mentality..... Come on my beauties...... From old south wales to new south wales, we are all behind you
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 2:34am
I can see the forum has united in it's backing of the home nations once again...

Again not bright enough to explain it but Eng v Aus in rugby...not bothered as long its a good game...England Aus in cricket and I want the English to stick it to em.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I can see the forum has united in it's backing of the home nations once again...

Again not bright enough to explain it but Eng v Aus in rugby...not bothered as long its a good game...England Aus in cricket and I want the English to stick it to em.

With you there Sir, its the England and Wales cricket board, i hope we stuff Pontings boys
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:55pm
you two are a pair of numb nuts ....get behind another countrys flag...shamefull
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

you two are a pair of numb nuts ....get behind another countrys flag...shamefull

Don't be silly. "England" are just the name of the team.

Besides, if we just supported Glamorgan, we'd go nuts.
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Don't be silly. "England" are just the name of the team.

Besides, if we just supported Glamorgan, we'd go nuts.
Just support austrailia...its simple   and the same can be said of the ospreys...maybe we can support them tooDead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic