Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > RANDOM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Le Caprice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Le Caprice
    Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:58pm
What's happened to it mun, drove passed it last night, it's now called 'The Vista' (or something like that) and it looks like something from footballers wife, not sure there is any call for that sort of thing in Llanelli mun, duw duw

Edited by A Evans - 02 January 2011 at 11:04pm
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Sponsored Links

Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:03pm
I've also seen the revamped Crapice from the comfort of my car. Far too trendy for my liking but the beauty of the traffic lights outside is that there's just enough time to have a gorp at the goons in there who are just there because it's the place to be seen. When I had a sneaky peek, there was a group of blokes with Roadrunner barnets slouched over some hip white couch. Not a sticky floor, decent pint, pool table or juke box in sight.
What's Llanelli coming to?
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:04pm
Saw that too mate. Le Caprice is known by rugby fans all over Europe as Llanelli's premier establishment of fine beers and wines. What is going on? is it now somewhere where Llanelli's posh go, or still somewhere for the rest of us on a weekend, clad in Scarlet.
#George
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:08pm
Not sure us rugby fans would be welcome in there any more boys, probably full of people with 4 x 4's, who wear tweed jackets and call our sport 'rugger' (dont you just hate people who call it that), in my opinion its not a proper pub unless it has a pool table with beer stains on it, makes me angry thinking about that place mun
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:29pm
I was welcomed there 
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

I was welcomed there 

They probably thought you were the entertainment, a bit like the Court Jester
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Saw that too mate. Le Caprice is known by rugby fans all over Europe as Llanelli's premier establishment of fine beers and wines. What is going on? is it now somewhere where Llanelli's posh go, or still somewhere for the rest of us on a weekend, clad in Scarlet.

That's the thing, it went downhill and started leaving teens in. It used to be for the more mature drinker. It's gone back to being like that. I've been there and it's quite nice. It's what Le Caprice used to be like.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 12:53am
This is just a renewal Caprice has to go through every 7-8 years or so. It started off as a small wine bar, got popular, so they developed and extended it. Over time, due to its popularity (and the direness of other nightspots in town) it got too far into the mainstream and the time had come to take it back.

It's pretty smart in there now, but give it time and the place will feel a bit more accessible. I think they have done a good job, and you can actually get a cracking pint of San Miguel in there, which is a nice change compared to the usual shite Carling that seems to be everywhere unfortunately.

It's locally owned as well, rather than by a chain, so hope it does well. I think it will.

Edited by Mike - 03 January 2011 at 12:54am
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:08am
Yeh there is a nice range of drinks there. They still show the rugby but it's the kind of place you can go and be pretty sure there won't be a gang of pissheads falling all over the place.
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 7:51am
Will have to give this a go for a 'bit of posh'

do they allow Gillets in there Ebanz?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:27am

I see people like Evs and Ow on the M4...out touring the motorway services and tweeting each other about the cherry bakewells on offer at Strensham and how the toliets in Chievely get cleaned every 20 mins and not 40 mins as elsewhere on the M4 corridor...

Get in there mun...give the lads and oinest critique of drinking establishemnts---critical intelligence gathering for forum members mun....Duw duw (like Mike does well)!!
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I see people like Evs and Ow on the M4...out touring the motorway services and tweeting each other about the cherry bakewells on offer at Strensham and how the toliets in Chievely get cleaned every 20 mins and not 40 mins as elsewhere on the M4 corridor...

Get in there mun...give the lads and oinest critique of drinking establishemnts---critical intelligence gathering for forum members mun....Duw duw (like Mike does well)!!

LOL, you always enjoy these days out ive been told, i will get in there at some point but you have to understand what a shock it was mun when i first saw the place, all posh without steamed up windows etc, it will take a bit of getting used to, i can do refined dont you worry about that
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:00pm
pathetic mun, this is llanelli, not beverley fricking hills mun.

What is it about the place that whenever you walk/drive/scuttle past there, those inside are always looking outside to see who can see their inside.

Wonder if they have reincarnated the royal box with that bloke with the eye patch and his cronies pearing down on all those beneath them.

The place was never the same since appolo creed the karaoke singer left and took his magic box with him mun!!
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

What is it about the place that whenever you walk/drive/scuttle past there, those inside are always looking outside to see who can see their inside.

Wonder if they have reincarnated the royal box with that bloke with the eye patch and his cronies pearing down on all those beneath them.

The place was never the same since appolo creed the karaoke singer left and took his magic box with him mun!!

"Everybody in the house!"
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:28pm
Only been in there once, not for years now though.

Any good?
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

LOL, duw i remember the guy with the eye patch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic