Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Six Nations 2011
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFrance ring the changes for Wales clash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: France ring the changes for Wales clash
    Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:26pm
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12508_6812149,00.html

Some big players missing from the French side, could be very winnable for Wales IMO.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 9:31pm
French coach true to his word
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 11:56am
How we do will have nothing to do with us at all. France might put 40 on us or give up completely and we might murder them.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:25pm

The French players and coaching team will be under huge pressure next week, it all depends if they grasp it with both hands, or crumble under it.

Either way, it'll be a huge game for both teams, and I'm expecting a classic that we'll all be looking back on in years to come. Clap

Even if Ireland beat England, it will be extremely difficult for us to sneak the championship to be honest, the points difference is pretty big, so it would be good for our boys to go out there and play some rugby, and then see what is what. Star
Scarlets!!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 12:54pm
Gotta love the French psychie mun...
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2011 at 1:14pm
I do love the French they are great, I don't think anyone can predict how they'll play next week, if I was Gatland I'd send or players home for the week cos it'll make no difference what they do. Saturday night's match will be great.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 11:06am
Can't see too many holes in their team -

France: 15 Maxime Médard, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 David Marty, 12 Damien Traille, 11 Alexis Palisson, 10 Francois Trinh-Duc, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Imanol Harinordoquy, 7 Julien Bonnaire, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (capt), 5 Lionel Nallet, 4 Julien Pierre, 3 Nicolas Mas, 2 William Servat, 1 Thomas Domingo.
Replacements: 16 Guilhem Guirado, 17 Luc Ducalcon, 18 Pascal Papé, 19 Alexandre Lapandry, 20 Julien Tomas, 21 Fabien Estebanez, 22 Yoann Huget.

JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:36pm
Still a strong team whatever. It's going to be a tough one, I feel the crowd will be an important factor in this.

If Wales can get off to a good start, with the crowd on their backs France will crumble.

Its certainly winnable.

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 12:44pm
The French are nuts, i work for them, bloody barmy mun.........

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
tigerburnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 6:35pm
I think Wales could well win this game,but I wonder where the points would come from to be clear by 20 points to give you a chance of winning the title.
England could lose and still be champions as long as it's not by more than 20 points and again,can't see where Ireland would get the points from.If Tindall doesn't recover he will not really weaken the side as he is too slow going forwards and his pass is poor,solid in defence but getting to the end of his career.
England are going into their toughest fixture I think,win or lose I think they have taken a step forwards from the previous year,still hopefull of a win,but it won't be easy.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by tigerburnie tigerburnie wrote:

I think Wales could well win this game,but I wonder where the points would come from to be clear by 20 points to give you a chance of winning the title.
England could lose and still be champions as long as it's not by more than 20 points and again,can't see where Ireland would get the points from.If Tindall doesn't recover he will not really weaken the side as he is too slow going forwards and his pass is poor,solid in defence but getting to the end of his career.
England are going into their toughest fixture I think,win or lose I think they have taken a step forwards from the previous year,still hopefull of a win,but it won't be easy.
whats your thoughts on shontayne hape,tigerburnie?i haven't really been impressed with him during this 6 nations to be honest with you.him and tindall just doesn't seem right to me.

Edited by kcreg - 15 March 2011 at 7:09pm
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 7:27pm

The French are humdingers.

Lievremont's reaction to the Italian loss was very funny but, make no mistake, that's a very strong French line-up. The main issue is whether they're prepared to play for Lievremont anymore. If they aren't, then Wales could do them. Andy Powell could be on stand-by outside the Stade de France for a celebratory trip to Le Pigalle in his golf cart.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 3:04am
Monsieur Lievremont has apologised for the 'cowardice' and 'last time in a France shirt' remarks....no doubt in my mind that it's becuase he's had his collar felt by the powers that be...a defeat to us would seem him on his way I would imagine.
tigerburnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigerburnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

whats your thoughts on shontayne hape,tigerburnie?i haven't really been impressed with him during this 6 nations to be honest with you.him and tindall just doesn't seem right to me.
[/QUOTE]
Hape was in my opinion a mistake untill last week,he started to show a little bit of what he's been doing in the West Country.Possibly with old team mate Banahan alongside,now Tindalls out,they might create something.
Our centres are tackling machines and nothing much else.If Youngs and Flood get it together and the backs run the right lines,who knows.
For me Tindall has been to slow to keep up and his passing has never been up to much,so Banahan doesn't weaken the side.I also prefer England to be skippered by a forward,so if the rumours are right and Easter will skipper again,we could improve on Saturday.

Back to the thread,France are under enormous pressure,if you can needle them or get an early lead,I think they will crumble,good luck(but not too much,just a small win for youWink)
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonWal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2011 at 11:11am
We're not going to win the championship, lets put that out of our minds.

2nd place is a realistic target. Lets just play some good running rugby.

Either way 3 games in a row saturday, it could get messy....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic